Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Seems a Bit Expensive!

Roland

Stafford PowerWash Services
My window cleaner dropped a leaflet through my door today detailing their other services even though my Stafford PowerWash van was on the drive.

Unusually the leaflet had a list of prices, some of which I thought were a bit expensive.

FSG

3 Bed - £120

4 Bed - £150

5 Bed - £180

Gutter Clear

2/3 Bed - £75

4 Bed - £90

5 bed - £120

Conservatory Roof

Small - £75

Medium - 90

Large - £120

What do you think?

Fsg seems high and gutters may be a little over what I would charge,

Conservatory seems spot on if not a little low for the larger conny.

As for leafleting your house,well this has happened to me twice in 3 months.

First one nocked on the door and asked do I need a window cleaner,at this point his standing next to my sign written van so I pointed too it and said no thank you politely.

Next time I was out in the car and had left my van on the driveway,when I got home my partner passed me a hand written note for gutter cleaning.

So again these people have walked strate past a big white van with big green letters saying gutter cleaning/ window cleaning, if they can't see that then they may be in the wrong job.

Fsg seems high and gutters may be a little over what I would charge,Conservatory seems spot on if not a little low for the larger conny.

As for leafleting your house,well this has happened to me twice in 3 months.

First one nocked on the door and asked do I need a window cleaner,at this point his standing next to my sign written van so I pointed too it and said no thank you politely.

Next time I was out in the car and had left my van on the driveway,when I got home my partner passed me a hand written note for gutter cleaning.

So again these people have walked strate past a big white van with big green letters saying gutter cleaning/ window cleaning, if they can't see that then they may be in the wrong job.
Where you from in Hertfordshire?

I never get window cleaning leaflets through my door

Maybe they have paid somebody to deliver them to every house in the area.

Not sure what the window cleaner knocking on the door was thinking mind.

I will tell you to jog on lol

That new job in ferrier was a nightmare

Lovely people but had to drive up christie and then left and drive up the grass in the woods behind to get to the back

I will tell you to jog on lol
That new job in ferrier was a nightmare

Lovely people but had to drive up christie and then left and drive up the grass in the woods behind to get to the back
GET OFF MY PATCH!!

Just kidding. Sounds ****. I've got a couple of new ones to do up there on Tuesday.

Hi Dave yes Herts mate, Wgc.

Leaflet was from mavic or mavi gutters, think they are London based.

Window canvassing guy I'm not to sure,there's many cleaners in my street, mainly scrubs.

But I have know problem with these guys as I won't canvass my own street any way. just found it funny seeing as using are eyes is one off are trade skills

When I'm canvassing I won't knock on some ones door with a pointy ladder and scrim hanging on the back lol

Not chicken just a bit of respect.

I'm stevenage mate but do go as far as digswell..round knightsfield for a handfull of jobs

Hi Dave think we know each other from the forum.

You past me a job in Hertford at the beginning of the year.

Have recently come back on the forum after a spell away.

I was raised in knights field.

Aah..you changed your name lol

I do her dads and her brothers and they were all round the dads having a bbq and they said what a good job you did

Haha that's great yes I did.

I have jobs in London Conley and some houses on private farm land near there, so I managed to hook it up on a strange round,

its a good day with a mix of windows and scenery

Back