Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

recent bought razr rubber

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've been using the razr red but the last load I bought has been leaving a fine line each time, bought them a good few months back though so decided to order me some pulex rubber and see what it's like in the liquidator, as this is what I started with originally and liked it.

Tried the razor rubber and really hated it from the get go, can't say I noticed much difference with unger soft and ettore (being new to window cleaning).

But the red rubber was leaving loads of lines, felt far too stiff

I looooovvvvveeeee it

Never had a rubber brand that lasts so long and glides so well

Razor red original was amazing once you got used to it and needed little more soap

But they've odvoiusly cut corners and changed the rubber

My last batch is **** I dread putting a piece in

There messed around with it and ruined what would have been the best selling rubber on the market

Also while I'm meaning lol

Liquidators! Loads of vids and diy tweaks to get it working but it should work how it's supposed to from he word off

I use mine daily but god it's a ball end changing rubbers,forever fiddling with end channels it's a bloody pain

My latest batch of razr is perfect and works just like my first batch last year

It does work straight off the shelf..i have no issues

The reason i do things to it is the same reason i modify all my tools

Nothing works perfectly and i can make changes to improve them for me and my style

Liquidators do what they say which is allow you to do minimal detailing

They do however require you to work a little differently

My mods i do for myself allow me to use them how i want to

Doesn’t mean they don't work

Same as i modify wagtails

I modify unger and ettore channels and handles

I will also modify the combinator and probably find some mods i can make to the excelerator to suit my style when i get to have a play with them shortly

It is all about making things work how you want them to

Daveyboy I used razor since it was released

I originally purchased it for the colour scheme

But found it amazing and hard wearing

But this last batch is horrendous

I'm 20 year trad still read a lot now and I could tell instantly this rubber wasn't the same

I see window cleaning warehouse have now put the original razor rubber which to me indicates my last batch wasn't

Liquidator as well I have no issues but have had to mess with it

Lad point blank refuses to use it due to the slower blading technique and not like right angles

I must have the new "original" then

I got it about 5 weeks ago

Still using the same strips in the 6 squeegees i have it in and they are used daily

I must have missed the moody batch as i hear others moaning about it but never had a bad lot

I got my last lot last june in a big order

I must have the new "original" thenI got it about 5 weeks ago

Still using the same strips in the 6 squeegees i have it in and they are used daily

I must have missed the moody batch as i hear others moaning about it but never had a bad lot

I got my last lot last june in a big order
Ye the original is the best rubber out there

I'm going to order more tomorrow and see how get on

The first stuff I bought in November was good, perfect in fact, but the second I bought has been leaving the fine lines all of the time. I'll try the pulex and then reorder some razr as the first batch was great.

This whole good batch bad batch BS astounds me. Surely if you ordered Razer and it 'felt different' and the new batch is now 'Original Razer' what was the old batch? Was it stated "Not Razer" did everyone who ended up with it, order "Razer Red" ?

I personally would be screaming blue murder. Refund or replace please. By advertising 'Original back in stock' they're admitting that what they sold was not Razer Red.

This whole good batch bad batch BS astounds me. Surely if you ordered Razer and it 'felt different' and the new batch is now 'Original Razer' what was the old batch? Was it stated "Not Razer" did everyone who ended up with it, order "Razer Red" ?
I personally would be screaming blue murder. Refund or replace please. By advertising 'Original back in stock' they're admitting that what they sold was not Razer Red.
Or the manufacturer has altered the rubber for more profit

It's not uncommon

need some new rubber and last batch of razr i got turned out not great and know that some other trad guys had same prob apart from @daveyboy who got the good stuff a wile back :envy: yip envy :rof:was wondering anybody got recent batch and was it any good?
i had my bad batch never again then a wile bk got given 1 razer red and was told this batch was good and there best seller (bladerite) so took rubber home used it monday morning lasted 1 hour then chucked it away total **** as it left lines ill be sticking with the old trusted ettore soft

my first batch of red razer were realy nice harder than the ettore but lasted longer i may try the new or shall i say old batch ill only buy 1 tho i tell ya just incase there **** lol

Mine are fine and i store them thrown in a carrier bag with some old microfibres in my motor

And they still work perfectly lol

Stuck in an old pullex today and it was magic to use, going to give WCW a call on Tuesday to see what the deal is as I liked the razr, but too much time being wasted rubbing out fine lines all the time when using the stuff I've got.

Stuck in an old pullex today and it was magic to use, going to give WCW a call on Tuesday to see what the deal is as I liked the razr, but too much time being wasted rubbing out fine lines all the time when using the stuff I've got.
Let us know what they say, looking to order some more next week as I ran out a while ago, and been using all the free rubber I've "acquired" over the last 12 months since. Loved the original batch but don't wanna waste money if it isnt good any more

Latest Posts

Back