jet washing a house walls quote

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by sdrah, May 13, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

Hi just got this email

could you give me a rough idea of cost for jetwashing the outside of our 4 bedroom detached house. The walls have a hardened coating called Protectacoat.
    Many thanks.

i was wondering what's that PROTECTACOAT ?! never heard before - also I think powerwashing a house is not a good idea is it ?
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

Dec 9, 2011
    powerwashing would probably do more damage than good and if its algae stained it can be very hard to remove unless your running a hot washer and possibly with a chemical . i cleaned a house recently which was done with k render which is similar to protectakote , i used sodium hydrochlorite or hypo as its known , it was sprayed on to the walls and left to dwell and within 15 to 20 mins the walls were spotless and the a quick rinse with the washer on half throttle . price wise i would charge a minium of 350 because the hypo will cost you roughly 30 quid also there could be a full days work in it , if you can get some pics up it would me an idea of how dirty the render is . the important thing when using hypo is to protect yourself with full ppe , especially your eyes and hands , also all windows have to be covered with plastic as hypo will etch the glass and is near impossible to remove , and finally it will also damage flowers lawns and pets , obviously the safest bet is to carry out a sample clean in a discreet area to be sure the the render dosent react with the render and to be sure that it removes all the stains
  3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

I ll get some pics next week