Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taking The Plunge!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

L

Lee F

Hi Guys,

Brand new to the site so thought I'd introduce myself and hopefully get a bit of advice from some of you.

I am currently employed as a warehouse supervisor but, ever since working briefly as a window cleaner when I was a bit younger I've always viewed it as a nice way to earn a living. Basically, I'm 35 now and tired of working for someone else.I've purchased my ladders and kit and am all set to go.(Business cards in the post).

I have 5 jobs in the bag to get me started and my target is 200 - 300 jobs!!!

I will be running this along side my current job for as long as possible but will have to take the leap at some point.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Cheers

Lee.

Welcome to the forum Lee, You are doing it right keep getting them custy you will know when to start on your own

Welcome Lee

You'll find lots of handy info on these forums. I'm fairly new to this myself and I've found loads on here already.

Where abouts are you from mate?

Thanks Iain,

This seems to be a really good place to throw a few ideas around. have you been cleaning long?

Hi Mike,

I'm based in Daventry (small market town in the midlands).

I'm not looking to get rich, just want to do something for myself and see where it takes me.

Where are you?

I'm from Preston in the not-so-sunny North West!

I should be up and running my self soon. Can't beat being your own boss!

Hope everything goes smoothly for ya...

Mike

I used to live in Preston Mike!!

1st house was in Ashton on ribble then moved to Bamber bridge.

lol small world eh!

Im in Penwortham. Had a few crazy nights out in Brig back in the day.........until most of the boozers there got closed down! :rolleyes:

hey lee, welcome to the site! Im based in Northampton, not to far away from you! if you need any help etc feel free to ask!

Yeah, Northampton not far at all. If you have anything you need to unload I'm happy to have a look at it. Lol

Hi!... I have not been on the forum for a while. I must say i like its new look. With regards to the "Plunge". Keep building your round up. Work weekends etc etc. Once you get to a point where you have totally lost it with your PAYE job and you feel like your going to die because you have been working two jobs for so long... Take the "Plunge"... Get out and about "Word of Mouth", "Leaflets" etc. Some "Canvass" etc. I worked Part-time for a year balancing a full time PAYE with the Window Cleaning. I now work Full Time. I have to be honest and say I am still getting used to motivation. But. I tend to keep on top of my work from Month to Month. You can do it!. Just keep working at it... Its all about building your round....

Welcomr to the forum Lee .

We are a happy little family here and are always looking for new members to join us in our ambitious efforts to take over the window cleaning world .

If you need any help or advice ask us and we will do our best to help you out .

Go round all your family and friends and offer to clean there windows, Explain to them your starting up. Im sure they would be willing to change window cleaners. Word will soon spread, Start canvassing as well its the best method I have come across so far. You may also want to set up a facebook account and advertise in all your local ''for sale'' groups. List your business in the free directory's as well.

Hia Lee welcome to the forum, theres lots of experienced windies and like me not so experienced around to offer advice. I've learned a heck of a lot from these guys, as well as from my own mistakes.

Back