Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Holiday Park quote

Gabor

• Guys, I had a call today, one of the near holiday park asked me to give a quote for every chalet (189) and main building + 2 staff house to clean the windows (113 windows on these). I think this is quite urgent to them as they want to open for the season on 4th March. They want me to do it every month. Very big job. Would take me a week. Never ever had any big like this. Surely I could manage as I dont have a full round yet. I know everyone of you will say different but can you give me some idea how much?

I would ask if I can go and do one chalet and see how long it would take, then you will have a clue as to whats involved, if it is a guaranteed weeks work each month then you can shave a bit on the price HOWEVER...... you talk about opening for the season so obviously there is an end of season and this would prevent you taking on other work that could be year round so come end of season you will be out of work one week a month.

• Guys, I had a call today, one of the near holiday park asked me to give a quote for every chalet (189) and main building + 2 staff house to clean the windows (113 windows on these). I think this is quite urgent to them as they want to open for the season on 4th March. They want me to do it every month. Very big job. Would take me a week. Never ever had any big like this. Surely I could manage as I dont have a full round yet. I know everyone of you will say different but can you give me some idea how much?
Is around 40 chalets a day achievable do you think? Have you seen any of the chalets? Are they worth £5/£10 per chalet? Would they pay £1000/£2000 per month for window cleaning? Probably not.

Thay are not all individual bulidings. Normaly 5-8 chalet is in one longer building. Windows on both sides. I would say 1 could take me 10-15 minutes. Open march-october. I uploaded a map for this resort. Half of them has double glased other half has some peeling paint frame. I would't mind work 1 week less over the winter as I still building my round and this winter unforunate I have more time than that. Plus in winter gets dark earlier and I could spread the work.

Holiday home map.docx

Have done one of these before they dont want to seem to pay much and trying to get them to pay invoice on time was a joke as it was down to the head office. In the end it was geting in the way of other work. As a one off job is ok but i would not tie myself to that again

I have experience with caravan parks, my opinion is that they have promised you every month to keep you low on price and to get you to do it asap. They want it doing for March so it's nice and clean when people start coming back to their vans and new customers come to look around. I dealt with the biggest park company in the uk wouldn't recommend so just don't go to low on price

Back