Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sash Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luffy

Afternoon fellas!

I've done a quick search but can't find anything on sash windows. Did my biggest job to date last week on a house with approx 100 windows. Nearly all of them were single glazed, wood frames which was fine but it had 4 sash windows which I hadn't encountered until then!

I thought they would be the same but they came out horrible!

Do you guys have any tips at all?

Cheers

If you are traditional then just applicate them and use your skrim to wipe them.

I use a waterfed pole which makes it a **** easy job. Same with Leaded windows.

I'm WFP! Maybe it was just because it rained right as I was doing them. Suppose it's just important to just scrub the wood proper to get all the dirt out?

the problem with sash windows cleaning with wfp that there are lots of areas that dirt can get traped in and very hard to get to with brush. but when ur rinse and move on the water can dring the dirty out and run down the window, you just have to be carfull how you rinse and try not to get much or any water in the parts that the brush cant scrub!

I got a pub i clean when i rinse the dirt comes out of the plastics... and its a load of dirt ! lol so what i do is just brush over it /emoticons/smile.png And keep rinsing to a minimum unless im on the glass

First cleans on manky sash can be a pain, well worth squirting detergent over them.

My technique for georgian type sash windows is to go up one side across the top down the other side then across the top batten before scrubbing the top panes with a circular motion being careful not to let the water jets touch the top framework, quick pass to rinse then on to the lower top panes. Next do buttom of upper window and the two channels it slides in, then panes as above finishing with the cill. The main idea of the technique is to minimise water contact with any part of the framework around the glass, especially on rinsing. If the frame bleeds a white milky substance over the glass then extra very careful rinsing is needed.

Hope that helps.

Martyn.

First cleans on manky sash can be a pain, well worth squirting detergent over them.

My technique for georgian type sash windows is to go up one side across the top down the other side then across the top batten before scrubbing the top panes with a circular motion being careful not to let the water jets touch the top framework, quick pass to rinse then on to the lower top panes. Next do buttom of upper window and the two channels it slides in, then panes as above finishing with the cill. The main idea of the technique is to minimise water contact with any part of the framework around the glass, especially on rinsing. If the frame bleeds a white milky substance over the glass then extra very careful rinsing is needed.

Hope that helps.

Martyn.

Hope that helps.

Martyn.
I like

I clean them most days. No dramas. Even managed to shut one with the pole last week. It was balanced nicely.

I do a fair few of these, on the taller ones I try to work it so i do the bottom sections after the top part has stopped dripping to avoid splashes

Latest Posts

Back