Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Commercial Job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Or give them a price based on simply using WFP and explain you will monitor the condition of that section. Explain they may get away without the cherry picker etc, so give them a base price, say you'll monitor and then see how it looks in a few months.

You dont want to spook them metioning cherry pickers if they then think...... this sounds expensive.....

The other issue is you might get some cow boy who goes.... prices it and doesnt mention the issue. They then THINK he's going to magically do it some how. In reality he isnt, but he just wont tell them.... but by that time... he's got the job and you havent....

So I would ..... price the job / explain the issue (that shows your professionalism) and then monitor and keep them informed. May be after the 2nd clean id go and see who ever runs the site and say.... still looks ok..... or..... not etc.

The one we did with a ladder was done last October and is now beginning to look a bit grubby..... so we'll not be far off getting the cherry picker on site..... it will cost them £500 and take is now more than 15mins, but they designed the building.... not me.

Since then ive actually had a meeting where the designer of the company's building walked into the office. I explained it to him and he said they would no longer put the features on the buldings that were causing issues (its actually wooden cladding in this case). But the result is.... they see you as professional and no one else has pointed it out to them!

Hmmm hc knows his stuff /emoticons/wink.png

HC mate ho much for cherry pickers ? Cost per hour mate ?

Cherry picker delivered and collected is £200/£300. You then add in what ever buggeration factor is. Its basically a pain in the ass really as you have to co-ordinate it and box off half a day to make way for them being late etc...... but I will do it purely as it solves a problem for the company and ties you into them. If you co ordinate things welland give the company no hassle they'll like the fact you're doing it for them

The risk involved is that you are only on it 10mins doing the work.... and they think.... hang on, thats cost me £500! As such I would always say..... "This is H&S gone mad..... but the reason im doing it is to make sure that you are covered from a H&S angle. Id explain, you can get another company on site who will put a ladder up to it..... butif they have a fall, everyone is in trouble. Most commercial sites now will not let you on with ladders as they cannot risk it.

The new van we;re kitting out will not have ladders going anywhere with it. This covers everyone and means there is no H&S issues.

I was on site last week and a site manager asked us to clean her CCTV camera..... said we wouldnt do it as we'd have to put a ladder up to it. The guy i was working with then just got a ladder out and did it!

However, 2 mins later she was then asking us to get ladders up to 2nd floor window to check something out. Basically we are not allowed to do this for H&S reasons and have had emails from their head office saying NO LADDERS ON SITE. Despite the company spending thousands on ladder ties which are all over all of their sites!!! Crazy...... but H&S is so hot that you cant take a risk....... or if you do..... lets just say a regional director happens to be on site that day.....he'd make sure you never went back as they have a duty of care for anyone working on their sites......

Cherry picker delivered and collected is £200/£300. You then add in what ever buggeration factor is. Its basically a pain in the ass really as you have to co-ordinate it and box off half a day to make way for them being late etc...... but I will do it purely as it solves a problem for the company and ties you into them. If you co ordinate things welland give the company no hassle they'll like the fact you're doing it for them

The risk involved is that you are only on it 10mins doing the work.... and they think.... hang on, thats cost me £500! As such I would always say..... "This is H&S gone mad..... but the reason im doing it is to make sure that you are covered from a H&S angle. Id explain, you can get another company on site who will put a ladder up to it..... butif they have a fall, everyone is in trouble. Most commercial sites now will not let you on with ladders as they cannot risk it.

The new van we;re kitting out will not have ladders going anywhere with it. This covers everyone and means there is no H&S issues.

I was on site last week and a site manager asked us to clean her CCTV camera..... said we wouldnt do it as we'd have to put a ladder up to it. The guy i was working with then just got a ladder out and did it!

However, 2 mins later she was then asking us to get ladders up to 2nd floor window to check something out. Basically we are not allowed to do this for H&S reasons and have had emails from their head office saying NO LADDERS ON SITE. Despite the company spending thousands on ladder ties which are all over all of their sites!!! Crazy...... but H&S is so hot that you cant take a risk....... or if you do..... lets just say a regional director happens to be on site that day.....he'd make sure you never went back as they have a duty of care for anyone working on their sites......
Yeah am 100% WFP /emoticons/smile.png I only use step ladders /emoticons/smile.png mainly to open customers gates /emoticons/tongue.png

Lol

Plus it sometimes helps me get to an awkard window /emoticons/smile.png

Paul explain to me mate i cant be assed reading it on google /emoticons/biggrin.png Go on mate lol

The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) promotes the safe and effective use of powered access equipment worldwide in the widest sense -- through providing technical advice and information, through influencing and interpreting legislation and standards, through its safety initiatives and training programmes. It is a not-for-profit organisation owned by its members who include manufacturers, rental companies, contractors and users.

If you are new to powered access, this website offers some starting points. See the FAQs. You can refer to a simple industry document to understand what training and familiarisation is necessary. IPAF's technical guidance notes offer practical advice on using harnesses, assessing ground conditions and avoiding trapping. Visit the Film section to learn about the correct use of equipment and view the award-winning "Spot the Mistake" video. If you are looking for training -- the IPAF training programme for platform operators is certified by TÜV as conforming to ISO 18878. Successful trainees are awarded the PAL Card (Powered Access Licence) as proof of training. Find your nearest training centre using the locator.

copy n paste lol

remind me of school when i jsut used to do that all day long in my work haha

Ok so just been and had a chat about that window, I told them to do it I would need a cherry picker at there cost, they told me to send in a quote with and without the picker, and were very happy I wasn't willing to clamber up there and clean from the flat roof, I don't think they will get the picker because it's hidden away now.

View attachment 700

View attachment 504

Back