Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Harris Extension Pole - How Do I Make It Compatible With Ettore Pro Handles?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

W

WWC

Hi,

I bought a Harris extension pole to use with my Ettore equipment, but have a few problems...

The Harris extension pole has a metal Acme thread riveted onto the end (I assume it's acme), and a plastic cone screwed on that. The cone doesn't hold the applicator or squeegee very well. So, I need to find a way of changing this problem.

HarrisExtensionPole.jpg

I have Ettore equipment, and wanted to somehow make the Ettore locking cone fit the Harris pole. But, I can't find them in the UK, only the plain non-locking ones.

I will also want to use some accessories like an angle adaptor on the extension pole. There are more accessories for Unger poles than for Ettore – including locking cones. But, will Ettore pro hadles clip into Unger locking cones and adaptors?

Can anyone help – here are some of the questions running through my head right now...

• What has anyone else done with Harris extension poles?
  • Is there a UK supplier that I haven't found yet, that does Ettore Pro Plus Pole Tips?
  • Do Ettore pro handles fit on Unger locking cones?
  • If I fix a cone to the end of a Harris extension pole, can I then attach an angle adaptor to that cone?
  • If I can't attach an angle adaptor, can I attach a Ledger to the cone?

Thanks

Maybe best bet is contact one of the suppliers that sell the unger locking cone to answer your questions. I would assume though they would fit but need to ask first to make sure.

wagga has a vid about converting a harris pole that you might be interested in if not seen already....

Note: Ignore the first bit about you can screw on a wfp plastic angle adaptor directly to the pole as that's incorect as it is a acme thread.

Excellent video - saves me some thinking and mesing about with ideas. I had seen another 1 or 2 of his videos, but not this one - Thanks.

I had thought about asking a supplier about this problem generally, but it kept getting messy in my head with some many side issues. But, this is a very nice solution to many of then assuming the Ettore kit fits this cone. I just need to ask about this then /emoticons/smile.png

Apparently they don't fit /emoticons/sad.png

I phoned one of the suppliers, and a guy went down to the store and tried putting an Ettore Pro Handle onto an Unger locking cone for me, and it doesn't work.

I also found out that Ettore UK don't stock their own locking cones, so none of the shops will either.

Hmm, looks like one of the reasons why Unger kit is so popular here – you can get the range.

Unger Ergotec pole tips are a tight fit on the Ettore Pro + line, and do not engage the lock system of the Unger, Ettore has a treaded angle adaptor that will fit on the acme thread and has a (female to male threads) you could switch out out the top male side of angle if you needed it for wfp euro thread if you needed (mating a female acme bottom to a top male euro). There are quite a few videos about converting trad window poles to accept other tips to fit a different brand of handle (I am sure like video above) some remove old tip than use a heat gun to warm tip and then attach new tip on, using rivets/screws or re-drilling pole to accept placement of new tip lock.

Nice diy vid on how to make a wfp on the cheap rc...however the original question was not on about that... :rolleyes:

Just had a phone call from the supplier I was talking with earlier, he said that he has been able to source some Ettore locking cones /emoticons/smile.png

He will give me a ring when they come in, hopefully later this week. I'll update this thread when I get hold of one and manage to do somethnig with it and the Harris extension pole.

Nice one,...Also don't forget to ask about the angle crank too /emoticons/wink.png

Maybe the unger ali angle crank might be better if could somehow get it to fit the locking cone?

Nice diy vid on how to make a wfp on the cheap rc...however the original question was not on about that... :rolleyes:
no but it shows how you can alter the harris pole to take diffrent attachments!

I thought I should give a quick update to this thread.

I got the bits after they eventually came in, and have sucessfully made them fit to both a Harris pole, and another cheaper, smaller, lighter extension pole form B&Q. I took some pictures of my process and will post it up. I just haven't had a chance as I have been very busy with other stuff over the last couple of weeks. I managed to make them both fit without any special skills or tools etc. just some basic DIY tools, and a few extras also avaiable from B&Q, or in my case - my shed /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back