Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Has this ever?????

D

Deleted member 84

Hi there. My ro system had started to produce water really slow but the quality of the water was still a good low ppm. After inspecting my system I have noticed that the last pre filter which I believe is the charcoal one has failed allowing the charcoal to flow through and then block my first ro membrane. is this a common thing to happen? First time for me in 7 years but my question is does an ro pump help cause this has I fitted the pump at the same time as the last membraines so after replacing the membraines I'm unsure wheather or not to turn it on.

The carbon filter does get bits on it, suppose it could clog up the system , won't hurt to turn the booster pump on it may even push the blockage out ?? Or make it worse:thumbsdown:

I'm not sure what psi/flow those carbon cartridges are rated at but the only thing stopping the carbon granules coming out and being pushed into the membrane is a thin filter that has obviously failed.

What psi is the pump and what make is the carbon cartridge?

Reason why I’m asking if the carbon cartridge is within normal working spec you could complain to the supplier and try to get them to pay for replacement membranes as they are obviously fooked now.

To be honest I think it's just a poor cartridge don't know the make of it. The membraines are amfor though. I have the pump set up straight after the charcoal so thinking about it should this cause them to break. I've stopped using the pump for now may just use it when I'm in a desperate need for water

.....or put the booster pump after the prefilters and before the membrane. I think this is the way Purefreedom set their 4040's up.

That's the way it is already mate. But I'm think would it draw the water out quicker hence why it's split. God knows. Just another annoying WFP problem

I would change from a granular carbon filter to a Fiberdyne carbon filter TBH. The only thing holding those granules back is a thin gauge type material and/or a bit of sponge.

I've just looked at an old one I had lying around.

They look good. Do you recommend I just simply swap that with the carbon. As Im sure I've just read that this filter replaces all three. Don't know if I'd be happy with that

They look good. Do you recommend I just simply swap that with the carbon. As Im sure I've just read that this filter replaces all three. Don't know if I'd be happy with that
I use a Fiberdyne filter as the second filter. The first filter I use is a sediment filter as our water is laden with sediment. Usually replace 3 sediment filters to one Fiberdyne.

In all the years of running an r/o we have only ever run 2 prefilters - sediment and carbon block.

Gardiners say that normally you can use a single Fiberdyne filter if your water is OK. They are 5 micron which is the same as the sediment filter.

Back