Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ive Gone Lazy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

I havent canvassed or leaflet dropped for like 3,4 weeks now /emoticons/sad.png

but still got like 152 customers customers ! my aim was 200 ! but i got no time hardly to be honest ! always busy !

hmmmm

aslong as i maintain over 150 customers in this winter period ill be happy

but id love to hit 200 customers before november the 10th that will be 6 months... my aim was 200 for november the 10th

and my rounds only worth just over £1100

need to be doin atleast £1500

So your average price is £7.24 a clean?

What If you charged a little more per customer you would already be grossing £1500 surely?

I find motivation comes and goes and its hard to stay focussed all the time. Work in the morning and canvass in the afternoon and don't go home every day till you have a new customer. Make it an unbreakable rule.

That is a spot on bit of advise.

Today I have seen 3 windys in the area around my work, and I wondered if they all canvas or not.

Don't want to be stereo typing but they didn't look like the sort, heard one of them moaning about business and i get the feeling they are the sort that hope it comes in and if it doesn't they get anoyed lol

You don’t sound lazy, might be de-motivated a little - you need 37% increase overall, on your average price that’s about £2.68, but you need to adjust your figure for each price that is different to the percentage, its a hike percentage wise, but because it a small cash amount its possible.

I would expect most of your customers are reasonable people and it would be fairly straight forwards and quick to reduce that £400 gap to the £1,500 by £200 just by talking to your customers.

Richard

H I'm in the same boat mate. I've lost a lot of motivation in the last two months. I was flying at first and had targets I'd set myself which I was hitting and work was coming in fine.

Then my wife started telling me that we where falling behind on bills and as soon as this happened I need an extra £1500 a month now so instead of the little targets I had now It's turned into one big problem. Which has knocked my motivation and it's taken the passion and adventure out of it and replaced it with anxiousness and a sense of dread.

no my prices are fine.. am happy with £7.24 average cos to be honest my average price is REALLY over £8.00

its only £7.24 because 25% of my jobs are fronts only @ £4 / £5 which are more worth doing for this price then a full house /emoticons/smile.png

so my prices are pretty good..

theirs a few bad priced jobs when i started out ... but

if i had 250 customers... i could see myself making around the £2,000 a month so its priced pretty good in my eyes /emoticons/smile.png

am up north aswell /emoticons/smile.png

Ive gone lazy too just like you H, I feel like in same boat, kind of contempt with what I got, and work has been coming in by recomdenations lol, I need to get 200 custies before xmasjust like you H! =)

Use both methods harunh, get more customers and raise your average price, you don’t have to limit yourself to just doing one or the other. You could also reduce your customers base of 152 and aim for a higher average price, instead of collecting any customers that come along - work on being more selective.

If you do use both methods - get another 48 customers to add to the 152 you already have, and raise the average price to £10, that will also give you the £2,000 your after.

Its your business, you’re the boss - set your own figures, good luck

Richard

Yep but some houses down here arent evn worth £10.00 their like mostly £6-8

if i say 10 quid people will laugh at me /emoticons/smile.png their like small new build houses /emoticons/smile.png

But im happy with 250 customers bringing in around 2K /emoticons/smile.png cos then i can sell a bit of the **** work and replace with more quality /emoticons/smile.png

Sounds like youve not gone lazy..a lot of people find it hard finishing things..your just at the last percentage of your original goal..why not break your final stretch into small goals? Daily goals even..thats what i do..

"Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs".

Henry Ford

Latest Posts

Back