Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do I Need A New Ro?

joe34

Hi ,

Im getting though quite abit of resin as i'm having to change it every couple of weeks or the reading goes sky high .

I tested the water after it come out the ro and it was coming out at 63ppm before it goes into the di bottle.I've been told if the pressure isn't that great when filling up that this can effect the ro is this true ? is there anything I can do to the ro to get the reading down or do you think I need a new one as it's costing a lot in resin.

Any help would be great thanks.

No I didn't know you have to do that how do you flush it? the tap water before it goes in is around the 450 mark.And when you say a booster do you mean a pump to push the water through faster? not sure what the pressure is i'll find out.

What type of RO is it? If it's the standard 10" type then there should be a tap on the waste pipe to backflush the membranes, I do mine every week for at least an hour.

your membranes are only rejecting 86% they should be rejecting 95% at least.

they have probably had their day.
How much am I looking at for a new membrane any idea? can I put it in myself or is better to get someone who knows what they are doing?

£30 each assuming it's a standard 10" system and a piece of cake to fit.
I'm going to sound like a clueless idiot here but is it just one membrane you have to put in and you put it in that tube? (ro) ?

How may membranes do you have? It's as simple as unscrew the cap and pull out the cartridge, reverse process with new membranes

How may membranes do you have? It's as simple as unscrew the cap and pull out the cartridge, reverse process with new membranes
I think I might be looking at something eles I've got this metal tube about a meter long which sits on top of my tank is that where the membrane is?I brought the system already installed into the van.it's a k system

you`ll be looking at 230 quid for a new 40 inch membrane, yes it`s basically take out the membrane and fit the new one.

I run a dual 4040.

Back