Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery Disconnect Cause Problems?

As title says, I will shortly be clearing the van out to paint floor and will need to disconnect electrics from battery.

Just wondering if this will cause problems with Varistream when re-connected?

Depends if he has split charge or not. It would take me a minute to disconnect main battery. 10 mins for second battery. Hence why I said it.

It's also for peace of mind. Any major work done on the van involving electrics or not I disconnect the battery.

if your only painting the inside of the back of the van you wont need to worry about all that!
Yeah, I'm only doing the inside of the back of the van and just assumed as I will need to remove the tank I would have to disconnect battery? Also: no split-charge relay yet- that's stage 2 of my Master Plan!

Yeah, I'm only doing the inside of the back of the van and just assumed as I will need to remove the tank I would have to disconnect battery? Also: no split-charge relay yet- that's stage 2 of my Master Plan!
is it all wired up to the van battery then?

all you really need to do is use connector blocks on the end of the wires and should be fine, just dont let the and of the red wires catch any metal as this can short and blow a fuse.

all you really need to do is use connector blocks on the end of the wires and should be fine, just dont let the and of the red wires catch any metal as this can short and blow a fuse.
Thats interesting actually RC as I was going to ask soon about extending wire to re-locate Varistream- can I use connecter blocks?

Thats interesting actually RC as I was going to ask soon about extending wire to re-locate Varistream- can I use connecter blocks?
yer thats fine to do, just wrap some insulation tape round after you have connected wires back up to keep any water out

Back