Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Putting in Tenders.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mdpeake

Hello all, I have been working on my round now for 6 months and I have 40 customers. My tactics to-date are to try and target big domestic or commercial properties and I haven't been doing too bad. Could offer any advice about how to go about putting in tenders for work at local authority properties because I really wouldn't know where to start.

Many thanks in advance...../emoticons/smile.png

/emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png :D

u got 40 customers in 6 months? I been trading for 30 days today and i got 39 regular customers already. Thats not including my 1 off cleans either. I work part time aswell. Your better of targetting all domestic to boost u up, target a housing estate. Knock on some doors.

this is an old post of mine which I think may give you a little food for thought...

when your just starting out building up a round, try not go after work from all directions, this will just cause distractions for you. You really want to have a little bit of regular resi work that you can rely on to give yourself a decent wage every month. I know there are loads of things you can do. But the best way is the simplest way when it comes to round building. Just get out and knock, knock, then knock again.
If you think its bad under quoting a house, and having to keep it on until you can up the price a bit. It could be a major problem if you under price a job worth £200+. Is very easy done when it comes to big contracts and no offence, but when your just starting out, you do really want the job and will be inclined to try and price it low, to get the job.

Start going for things like pubs, or even care homes, then when you have a bit of experience dealing with jobs like that, then you can go for things like large warehouses, hotels, and large tenders etc.

Well said ladder .

In the time I have been going I have i suppose underpriced a couple of mine but I have to grin and bear it as im still building my round . but I know eventually I will get better at pricing them up .

I wouldnt go chasing big jobs as yet either like you say concentrate on your core customers they will be the ones who stick with you .

leave the bigger jobs to the big fish at the moment .

gav im on the same boat as u.. Got a few underpriced, but aslong as my monthly takings improve then am a happy bunni lol

95./' of my work is domestic. I don't go looking for commercial but if offered obviously I take it. I have 6 shops 1 pub 1 solicitors 1 set of offices and a school & they all came to me rather then I won't to them. I love domestic although I find all my commercial pay on the day apart from the school but only wait 3 days when I've invoiced them.

im in the same postion of you guys, really want the commercial work feel its just makes life easier, payments etc.. just gotta take everyday as it comes and hopefully build each day/week/month

this is an old post of mine which I think may give you a little food for thought...
would have to dissagree with you on this one!

since jan i have expanded my business into the window cleaning sector and and i have a mix of domestic work, but in the last 3 months i have just won a a large commercial job, 2 commercial contracts with solar pannel companys cleaning them, and just got a 3 in one chance of getting a tender for the local council! so if you can manage it and you know you can do the work, theres no stopping you really!

RC how do you personally go about contacting such companies? It's something that interests me.

for the solar panel cleaning i just sent them an email introducing my company and the services it offers, etc etc. and then they get back to me! its all down to the email and how you word it.

Back