Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing and old building

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hornbeam98

Got a quote to do on a Victorian hall, some high windows about 40ft, but need advice on a few things

Do I price this as commercial costing.

Do I ask about any architectural restrictions.

This high frame has 18 panes almost like a church window.

There are another six standard size leaded frames.

I would start with what the window is made of, in Victorian times a lot of the glass was only 2mm and always single pane.

At 40ft it may not feel like you are applying a lot of pressure but you may well be at the other end of the pole.

Check your insurance covers the window you are actually working on (as many do not) and try to get a rough idea of what that window will cost to replace. Then decide how much you want to charge for it.

Also consider a waiver of of liability from the customer just to cover you backside.

Good luck.

Thanks I will try and post some pics tomorrow to try and give a better idea, I have only done standard stuff up until now but this one make me a little nervous but it could be a good client with lots of chances for advertising and extra work in a area with large gated houses.

here are the images, any ideas on pricing greatly appreciated.

Its all windows in the photos

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-25%20at%2006.48.08.jpg
[/url][/img]
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-25%20at%2006.46.49.jpg
[/url][/img]
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-25%20at%2006.47.40.jpg
[/url][/img]

Wouldn't touch it mate, I did a building with similar glass, and it was bowing as I was cleaning it, with no pressure being applied. Absolutely :turd:ing myself I was!

Back