Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facia Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How do you find the running costs of that diesel water heater as the price of diesel keeps going up?

Not much really maybe maximum couple pounds a day if running all day, no insurance premium hike either so in long term works out most cost effective. I could have bought any other type of heater but rang insurance companies and unless gas system was professionally fitted with safety certificate they wouldn't insure me. There is a reason diesel heaters cost more. What do you use?

Cold mostly now as only take out the chepo gas water heater when required which is not very often now as I use ubik instead for deep cleaning.

Still on the look out though for a bargain webasto type setup like yours as I'm a tight ****. /emoticons/biggrin.png

A diy diesel heater is possible to make. Using a webasto heater header tank and heat exchanger.. All parts available on eBay. Probably total cost 300 to 400 quid. That's if you like the diy type thing. Can run it on red diesel if wanted. Using separate tank.

I know as I missed a bargain as one lad was selling the whole diy kit minus the box all brand new for only £600.

Just so happens I was hard up for cash that week or would have got it /emoticons/sad.png

I actually got mine brand new off ebay had to drive to London to collect it £1000. Then varitech systems fitted it for me with the rest of my system for free. All I can say is that I was very lucky indeed.

Back