Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

business tactics for rainy days.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BigFoot

live in the second wettest town in Wales and get 'no thanks this month its raining'... Its always raining!! Ive come to the conclusion that its essential to get customer on direct debit, go careless etc and run to the windows get cleaning drop card off and run away and avoid customer on rainy days.

find customers who cant care less if you work in the rain and drop the ones who sqwark.

talking of sqwark-i had to have a go at one of my workers today, he was running so fast to get to the van to avoid a downpour he hit the side of the van with a real THWack . told him straight i wont have anyone working for me who hates rain

Last edited:
I took a slightly new approach to the rain today....

There's some front windows of some high up flats which I've been needing to do on quite a while on busy road in town (lots of cars, pedestrians, shops etc)

Have been putting it off as there never seems to have been a good time to do it and I ain't wakin up stupid a'clock to get it done.

Cue heavy rain.......less cars & pedestrians and shop windows getting wet anyway - job done /emoticons/smile.png

Bust the myth about "you cant clean windows in rain" say to the customers that its no prob in rain, and if thier be a problem come back and redo them. Ofcourse they have to show you were thers a spot or fault.

I like it sometimes in the rain..no chance of spotting with the extra rinsing it's getting lol

Loving the wfp @Duncs

Not mentioned it to custys who are not in and those who are i just crack on and when they open the door to pay or say hello etc i just tell them "i know it looks weird me leaving your windows wet but it's 100% pure water etc"

I always say any issues give me a shout and I'll go over it when I'm out and about but not had any calls yet

In the pouring rain this morning i did 2 4 bed detached and 2 3 beds with a 2 mile drive in the middle in 1hr45

Over 50 quid in under 2 hours..that's why i love stick waggling

Just a pain as i only carry 150l in the car

Means that halfway through the day i nip back over to get matey to fill me back up

Not a major issue but with the nattering and driving etc i lose half hour

That's why i was tradding bottoms but now i would rather lose half hour as i have already saved that by doing bottoms wfp

No rush

Gonna get 20% deposit as that's what the places i have looked at want (basically paying the tax up front) and get a decent van for about 115 quid a month ..that way i can own it in a couple of years or change it if i want

And write off the monthly payments on my tax

In the pouring rain this morning i did 2 4 bed detached and 2 3 beds with a 2 mile drive in the middle in 1hr45Over 50 quid in under 2 hours..that's why i love stick waggling
Hourly rate doubled Davey? I knew you'd see sense one day /emoticons/biggrin.png

and so today I thought a new bungalow...yep I will trad it so as not to frighten the 94 old lady with her zimmer frame..

straight away ...it was taller than it looked so I struggled to reach the tops and didnt have my small steps..

got half way around and looked at the back windows and thought feck that out comes banana...and off I went...it entertained the old lady anyway..

I did the front room first where she normally stays but boy can she get about on that zimmer frame...

kept popping up at every window..

still she said she had never had them cleaned so good and although she is as deaf as a post she has good eyesight as she pointed to a pansy that had seeded in the middle of the lawn...

and just like an old one she wrote me on her calender and put me down for four weeks exactly...I had better not forget.

oh and yep...all wfp next time...they were all the lovely hydrophilic glass...love it./emoticons/biggrin.png

Back