Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hiya Matt.

Best bet is save and go carbon with the gutter poles. I had alley to start. Really heavy at height or over conservatorys. Also get plenty of nozzles varying in sizes and shapes as not all gutters take the generic round nozzle. Invest in a camera. We go wireless now which is more dollar. But Is easier than carrying round epic amounts of wire with you. As gutter vacs go we found omni pole is the best. Had skyvac and other numerous kit before they packed up from loads of use. And also instead of going for the short piddly little vacuum hose. We invested in a longer 30 metre hose. Just because it's easier not having to drag the Hoover around the house too much. Knocking over several plant Potts ect... You can buy them online to the length you want. Although make sure your Hoover has the oomph to still have a powerful enough suction by the time it's reached the end of the pole.

Hope this helps

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Thanks for this.. This js a big help.. I was thinking of using a Gopro on the end.. Cheaper than the normal cameras the come with.. For a attachment that may fit around in & it will be obviously wireless straight to phone.. How are they powered? Do you use the customer electric or a generator? All in all I'm looking at around 2k for the full package. That's Inc the extra carbon attachments for lighter use.. I've just started my business last week & had a cracking week & fully booked for next week & quotes flying in.. Just had a call for a 4bed gutter fascia & Sofits.. Im not a fan of getting up on ladder so high when alone at a job so gutter vac is my way forward but w a nt to get one that will last.. Thanks for you info mate big help

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

the grippa vac is ace them numitic hovers are bomb proof good suction cheep i use ultra alli from bladerite there good but bit heavy for over big connys but still useable i have a bad back abd rite hip but i still find it ok the thing is alli ;last for ever but carbon will were out take ur pick m8

No worries. We use generators. They are good because most of the time the custy is always out or only in on weekends so we book jobs quite far in advance, then when it rains we just crack on. We just ask them as long as they are happy, could we put them on a rain list. Which has clients on that want their gutters cleaned, whenever we can fit them in. If we have windows to clean and its peeing down we can ring a few jobs up in the morning. Then crack on. Honda are bomb proof when choosing a decent generator. Service them yearly and they will last a lifetime. Yeh go pro would work. In fact that's a great idea. We use just ordinary wireless. We even have a service that we offer. Little money spinner that doesn't really cost you anything. Ask if they want the gutters filmed before and after right round and the video sent to their email. What's app. Or via DVD as extra. And charge them £20. Great way of getting extra for less work. Loads go for it. Just for the gimmic. Also I find offering a regular 6 month or yearly gutter clear or complete gutter check to see if all is well. Charge slightly less for them as its being cleaned more regularly, so they are going to be an easy £80+ for less than an hours work. Good luck with building your business up mate

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Hi Matt,

We do gutter cleaning as well as make kits, as said above these days the wifi cameras are great and much cheaper. If your budget allows go for carbon because they are half the weight of aluminium. We ourselves actually use a 1250 watt machine and get on fine with it. The 3000 watt machines have got a bit more power and look impressive it depends on how much work you intend to do. A lot of our customers plug into their customers electric but we ourselves use a generator.

Alex

Gutter Cleaning Systems

Forgot to say Matt you can get set up for way under 2k, you could set up for under £1000 with carbon fibre depending on if you buy a generator.

Aquafed is the last one we have looked at? Is that any good? 32ft 3600w £1400

Do they use much electric from peoples homes? How much would you knock off the price on average to use there electric? Say I had a £50 job on.. Is it better to buy the generator in the long run?

All your input is amazing thanks so much..

I started my business last Monday & I have calls rolling in. I'm from near Southampton so our prices are abit more than you would pay up north way.. In the last few days I've had calls & quotes for gutters & would much prefer the vac to do it than reaching around up a ladder..

Just price the job and don't even think about the power, most our customers ask us if we want to plug in. A generator is handy but not essential especially if you're concentrating on domestics. Is that £1400 for metal or carbon fibre?

Just price the job and don't even think about the power, most our customers ask us if we want to plug in. A generator is handy but not essential especially if you're concentrating on domestics. We've been making the kits and cleaning gutters for nearly 6 years now and have definitely noticed an increase in the amount of jobs coming in. Is that £1400 for metal or carbon fibre?

Oh right I know there are carbon fibre kits available for less than that and I'd go with a wifi camera, far less money and just as good to be honest.

I just bought the aquafed 3000w

One with 28ft poles

Used it for first time this Saturday & it's great.

Reaches normal houses with 2 poles to spare

We find that some people like that like you say and other people aren't bothered, they just want their gutters cleaned. It's definitely a handy tool, there are wifi cameras available for about £50 which are really good, been using them myself for months and I've been really impressed! The cameras are handy if you want to go for commercial work like schools, they like surveys so they can see the condition of their gutters.

Back