Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It works

Posh

So after months of saying i will set up a gutter on my shed to catch water on Sunday I finally did it. Haven't got a water butt yet so just put a bucket underneath just to see if it would work. The bucket was full the smorning so decided to test the ppm. 008. I couldn't believe it. Now I know some people won't clean with this high so before it got dark I filled my spare backpack up & cleaned one of my windows. Came out fantastic. Not a spot in sight. Well impressed.

Up to 010ppm is normally fine mate. Well done anyway! will keep the water and resin bills down!!

now if there was only some way to collect 400 litres a night

Up to 010ppm is normally fine mate. Well done anyway! will keep the water and resin bills down!!
now if there was only some way to collect 400 litres a night
They is mate ,but it involves living in a rain forest /emoticons/wink.png

I only use it for them hard to get windows so will save me a bit. I got 2 25lt containers with the tap on the lid so if it did creep up I can turn them on there side, fit a hose to it & run it through my di. Should be enough pressure to push it through as I only used to trickle it through when I used to do it from my tap.

Really want to do this but my property has no downpipes round the back , I'm attached to 4 other town houses and the property's at either end have them, the gutters are round and I don't want to attach a down pipe but I'd like to attach a hose some how , is there any packs out there for this or has anyone ever done this at all ?

Really want to do this but my property has no downpipes round the back , I'm attached to 4 other town houses and the property's at either end have them, the gutters are round and I don't want to attach a down pipe but I'd like to attach a hose some how , is there any packs out there for this or has anyone ever done this at all ?
on my contract work...the old peeps....most of the gutters have a hosepipe attached to a hole in the gutter base but dont ask me what it is...must come with the water butts they have...so there must be something out there.

...get inspector smurf on the case../emoticons/biggrin.png

My shed roof is clean thank you lol.

I've now put a pair of old tights(clean) over the hole so acts as a filter.

Was thinking of cutting the bottom of a coke bottle off & putting a bit of resin in it. Taking the lid off put a bit of tight material over the end so the water goes through the gutter, down the down pipe through the coke bottle (resin) and out the bottom & into the container. Sounds good in hindsight :whistle: :giggle:

Back