Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

giving shops a go

paul40

hi guys ive been cleaning residentials for a few months now and im looking to give shops a try. how does one go about applying for shop cleans is it just like canvassing call in and give the manager a quote? or do ya apply in writing?

Just the same. However banks, chain stores etc are often on nationwide contracts. Also it is usually very low price per job work.

Only way I would consider shops is if I were buying a well established round with many in a row as the only real money in shops is stack em high sell em cheap.

Just the same. However banks, chain stores etc are often on nationwide contracts. Also it is usually very low price per job work.
Only way I would consider shops is if I were buying a well established round with many in a row as the only real money in shops is stack em high sell em cheap.
are you saying shops, pubs, stores isnt great money? would you recommend sticking to residential?

£5 per pane? Something else I'm looking advice in is builders cleans. To do builder cleans do I have to have a company name or is being self employed enough? What type of insurance would ya need for builders cleans?

I'm liking doing shop fronts on a Saturday, picked up the odd residential from being visible this way. **** prices though yeah.

I love shops. Would do em all day everyday if I could. But as green says u need loads in a row then just run along em before they open. I hate cleaning houses. Locked gates and dog poo. Then they have the builders in for 3 month so they stop you. Just hate it. Give me shops or a school etc

I love shops. Would do em all day everyday if I could. But as green says u need loads in a row then just run along em before they open. I hate cleaning houses. Locked gates and dog poo. Then they have the builders in for 3 month so they stop you. Just hate it. Give me shops or a school etc
Dog poo is a real ***** too. I only do residential so I'm lookin to broaden out a bit more try other things

Dog poo is a real ***** too. I only do residential so I'm lookin to broaden out a bit more try other things
I only do houses to top up my day after I've done some commercial stuff. Some weeks I only do about 20/25 houses.

I do a shopround every 2 weeks , between 28-31 stops incl. Dental offices and such . Build it up by leafletting a quote , just quote it , dump it ... Some Will return . A shop even did after 9 months.

Could have gotten a baby in the meantime ! /emoticons/biggrin.png Didnt though ../emoticons/wink.png

I do a shopround every 2 weeks , between 28-31 stops incl. Dental offices and such . Build it up by leafletting a quote , just quote it , dump it ... Some Will return . A shop even did after 9 months.Could have gotten a baby in the meantime ! /emoticons/biggrin.png Didnt though ../emoticons/wink.png
Is there quote slips on the forum to copy as I'm only residential

only way to get into a shop round is to get rid of whoevers doing it at the moment . not really worth it in my opinion

Lol feck builders cleans they take longer than u think and they squeeze u on the cost the cats

Shops on my road r done for 2 pound lol

That's standard one big pane and door in an out U get ok at it if u have a row of them.

Im getting around 10 -12 Pounds for 1-2 big panes and a door in my area (only outside ) . So IMO its quite worth it ,at least in my country , and area . Took a couple of years building my current round . A lot of locals do the same for 5 pounds . Just guessing that the shops Got fed up with unreliable service , so they happily pay me Now . But again its not fair to compare countries , Our vat is 25% and high taxes , that sucks bigtime ...

Back