Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Offline Website

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Paul

im wanting to make a sort of offline website as such i can put on disc, does anybody know what software i use to do this.

come on you computer ninjas /emoticons/ph34r.png :ph34r: /emoticons/ph34r.png :ph34r: .

PowerPoint Presentation?

Or you could put the website on a disc. Copy the HTML files, CSS and images and when the customer opens it, their browser should read the files as a website.

Sounds like a lot if hassle but it's not really. Email me if you want this done Paulie and I'll put the files on a zip and email them over.

PowerPoint Presentation?

Or you could put the website on a disc. Copy the HTML files, CSS and images and when the customer opens it, their browser should read the files as a website.

Sounds like a lot if hassle but it's not really. Email me if you want this done Paulie and I'll put the files on a zip and email them over.
So I could put my site on a disk, and when you play it ill will just be like visiting my site? The pretty damm cooll.

Yeah pretty much. The only thing that wouldn't work is the blog as this is online and would be a nightmare to download fully.

The only requirement would be a CD drive to read the disk and an Internet browser.

The problem though is that if you've got an Internet browser, then the whole thing is a little pointless as the customer could just look at the website anyway...

Thinking outside of the box though, you could even personalise each offline version of the website so that they mention the customers name/logo. This would be a big ball ache but a nice touch for commercial clients.

You could even go one step further and get the website loaded onto some personalised USB sticks! Very smart and not expensive if you buy in bulk. The website I've linked to do all sorts of stuff like this. There's a few items left to upload but they've got a huge collection.

Yeah pretty much. The only thing that wouldn't work is the blog as this is online and would be a nightmare to download fully.

The only requirement would be a CD drive to read the disk and an Internet browser.

The problem though is that if you've got an Internet browser, then the whole thing is a little pointless as the customer could just look at the website anyway...

Thinking outside of the box though, you could even personalise each offline version of the website so that they mention the customers name/logo. This would be a big ball ache but a nice touch for commercial clients.

You could even go one step further and get the website loaded onto a personalised USB stick! Very smart and not expensive if you buy in bulk.
I like this last idea, cause they could also keep and re-use the USB stick. So your giving someone a gift while advertising your business.

This is what I'm wanting I think I'm going to do it as a PDF booklet so i can add RISC assessments and personalise them a bit that would be easier for me anyways /emoticons/smile.png

What's the benefit of having an electronic offline presentation? If someone's on their PC, Mac or tablet then they've almost certainly got Internet access? Try SlideShare.net is good for presentations but they're stored online like a website but you can personalise them as much as you like. Don't know about pricing but I think it's free for most features.

I like this last idea, cause they could also keep and re-use the USB stick. So your giving someone a gift while advertising your business.
Yeah they're quite popular. You can have a USB stick printed with your logo, phone, web address, etc. The last thing the customer will do is throw it away. They'll keep it and use it all the time.

It not so much a website but a booklet on a disc I want, intro, bit of info, pics, testermonials H&S qualifications and RISC assessments.

does to me as well but cant seem to do it lol, downloaded that link iain put up, to confussing for me lol

Everyone got internet these days /emoticons/tongue.png dont see the point in offline website

H its more of a way when bidding for commercial work, when sending in your bid you also send in your insurace and qualifications and a bit about your company, stand out from the compertition

I see Paul /emoticons/wink.png good thinking though mate /emoticons/tongue.png Did u come up with the idea yourself ? /emoticons/tongue.png lol

Offline websites may not work for you and can be hard to connect to.

Maybe you should try creating a booklet and passing that around instead?

Offline websites may not work for you and can be hard to connect to.

Maybe you should try creating a booklet and passing that around instead?
Seems much better. If people log on to a pc anyway... they may aswell log on to the internet... 9/10 commputers are connected to the net now adays.. /emoticons/tongue.png

Booklet is much better /emoticons/tongue.png

But I'm not going to sent Iain a risk assessment every time I want to send one to a company so he can put it on my website thaw crazy H think about it

Back