Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Damaged Window

WCF

Help Support WCF:

iluvwindows

well got first complaint ever and they say i have damaged a window, cleaning it, it is all scratched, surly the brush bristles cant do this?

scam mate

tell them you will contact your insurance company and they will send some one out to check the window and see how old the scratches are all CSI ****

are they wooden frames? quite often they get scratched at the edge of the glass when someones repainted them, from sanding them down, if the scratches are only at the edge then i bet thats why!

are they wooden frames? quite often they get scratched at the edge of the glass when someones repainted them, from sanding them down, if the scratches are only at the edge then i bet thats why!
nope upvc windows and they are saying the scratches are in the middle of the window :blink: to be honest doesnt make any sense to me

When you took them on did they make any comment about you using wfp???

I think they might be one of these ppl that don't like wfp as are just trying to prove a point why. I would inspect the glass, then let them feel the softness of the brush. Tell them it highly unlikely but if they wish to claim, give them your insurers details, then you call your insurers and deny it

Personally I think there trying it on dude. Just say, there is no proof that I did it. If the windows were filthy before hand, the scratches could have been hidden in the dirt, so you might not have spotted the scratches. If that is the case, they have not got a leg to stand on.

Like someone else has already commented on, "How come no other glass is scratched" same brush used throughout the property.

If the scratches are in a vertical 'V' pattern, it may be you mate, with grit on the brush. They would likely be long fine scratches too. If the scratch is either deep, horizontal or a swirl, it is highly unlikely to be you.

My dad had a similar case and asked the customer if he could bring in a glazing expert (me!) to inspect the scratches and give my professional opinion. The scratches were tiny swirls, there was no way a wfp could have done it. Because the customer was always out when dad cleaned the windows, he demonstrated how he cleaned them, then the customer could see there was no way his technique would cause that type of scratch.

I would say that if the windows were filthy, the scratches were already there, perhaps from manufacture, and the customer only noticed the scratches after you cleaned them and wrongly assumed it was you.

All the best!

Latest Posts

Back