Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Microfibre Sill Cloths

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use pound land ones, have found they are about the best for size etc. You get them in the car section

I use t towels for sills or the blue cotton roll you get in hand drying despensers, never liked microfibre cloths.

Jk Cleaning I got a link but it's broken £12 for 10 the shop is 2 miles from my house you can order on line they are bigger and better than supermarket ones which are thinner.

Asda 1 kilo of microfibres for sill cloths for 7 quid..counted them and it was 35 cloths

Not thick but not too thin either

I do about 3 or 4 houses with one then swap it

Easy to do a few days work without needing to wash them

Not when i have so many as i also have a lot of other ones

Sometimes i will rinse it under a custys tap and wring it out but as i have about 50 sill cloths i just shove em in the washing machine once my bucket in the shed is full of old ones which i chuck em in every night

I only trad bottoms so lasts ages

I use glass cloths only because I transfered onto grade a scrims and found the glass cloths held lots more water than my cheaper cloths.

Wcw is where I got them.

i use Unger Microwipes for glass such as internals and front door glass where I don't want water going in a house, you don't need anything on them use damp I have about a dozen and wash once a week with sill cloths.

I hate scrim with a vengeance

Used it for too many years before discovering microfibre

I've got some wilkos micro clothes that davey mentions but I still prefer scrim. I had Xmas Chinese for lunch today with another windy and we mentioned clothes. He has no scrims. All micro thingys. Were all different I guess

The fish scale cloths aren't bad but I find once they are wet they are wet where as a scrim will dry out quicker

Scrims are are superior for detailing, I use micro fibre for sills/ frames only
I rarely detail anyway so 1 wilko microfibre would last me a few days before changing or needing to dry out

Back