Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Vents

WCF

Help Support WCF:

moliere

Hi guys,

I've been having some issues with some windows on a particular house I have been cleaning for the last couple of months, when I have finished some of the windows have drip marks left down them, after looking at it more carefully I have come to the conclusion it is dirty water dripping from the window vents as they are very dirty inside, now do I take them apart and clean them or do I just clean the windows traditionally every time instead of using the pole?

when I have vents at the top of windows, I really give them a good clean on the first clean, that way the next cleans are easy, as most custy know they are full of dirty anyway and cant get away with a few spots and runs on first clean

Yeah, with vents I give them a good scrub and rinse then leave to dry for 10mins before doing the windows, this generally means I can get all vents done then go back for windows, I only do this on first cleans as after they're kept pretty much on top of.

i find the same happens on first cleans i really give them a clean and do windows and just as im done i go and buff of spots with a cloth. and then next time is far easier

I also give them a good going over first couple of times!

Upstairs you can turn water off (after thoroughly cleaning), shake water off the bush, then kind of brush access water off. Down stairs I wipe with cloth.

Always do the vented windows first then go back to them & do the glass again last.

That's my method anyway lol

Back