Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sticker removal from windows

keefo

I know most of you are now WFP but when traditional did you guys charge extra for removing kiddies stickers from windows etc if you ever did the internals. I get some windows where they're all over the damn place.

I remove small spots if in the mood, but larger stickers they have to ask and then i make a decision, often if just one normal size window i takes seconds and i do it for free. If a whole house is covered ie got new windows i charge extra.

You got to charge more for sticker removal. i use gum remover from b&q. I charge more for inside windows anyway just because its more hassel makeing sure dirty water dont drip on the carpet leaning over the tops of cabinets nets and curtains ming vases ect ect

What's that gum remover like Andy? I done a house few months ago a real big house , it was a new build and had stickers on the outside and was covered in some glue **** that wee 2 of us took 4 hours to get off, don't want to be caught out again with the likes off it

I usually use my scraper but gets a bit much when there are let's say 2 or 3 kids in the house and they all have 5 or 6 stickers on windows which the owner needs removing. On some it can take a while to remove.

we do new build houses all day every week day.

we use a solvent from a company called nu-stock. £3 + VAT per litre and it is excellent. Brings all uPVC up to sparkling white, removes traces of tar, glue and nicotine.

beware though, it gets you off your head

I use a similar product to the siroflex on the plastics but would never use it on the glass. I carry a small sprayer of isopropyl alcohol for when the scraper leaves a bit of residual slime. I used to use a citrus based sticky label remover but it was quite oily. If the stickers are 'proper' window stickers that just pull off then I don't charge any extra, if they are paper stickers then add to the price accordingly as they can be a ball ache to get off. The first job I quoted I tried to peel a sticker off while I was quoting and it took a couple of minutes so I charged another 50% for the windows that had them on. Time = money and most customers seem to appreciate that.

It's the siroflex stuff you are referring to yes.

Safe on glazing, trust me. We use so much of it on all matter of Windows

If its taking you reasonable time, then yes charge extra for it. If its just an extra 5 mins then personally I wouldn't bother. Time is money, that's how I look at all situations. If anything takes reasonable extra time, then its extra $$$'s.

When I worked as a carpenter I used to use white spirit. It did the job well and was freely available if the decorators left their van unlocked.

Back