Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator better with zero degree angle?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

fenderjaguar

Has anyone else found they are doing better with the liquidator being used with a zero degree squeegee by hand (not on a pole?)

When I use the liquidator with my unger 0 degree swivel lock (handle locked) by hand, it's perfect. The only problem is I don't want to do a repetitive strain injury with my wrist. With a 30 degree standard ergotech and a 40 degree (I think) contico hi rise handle, I'm having to do straight pulls on the edges of the windows. If I try to 'cut' angles at the edges, it leaves water mostly

It works fine in a moerman handle due to the bigger angle or in my ergotec with 14" i just move my hand away from the glass a touch more

A modded ergotec channel gives no detailing on a 0° too..just the nature of the angle means it works well

It works fine in a moerman handle due to the bigger angle
Sorry, can I just clarify, you're saying you think it works better with like 30 degree or with 0 degree?

What I can't understand is I read some people saying this works better with 40 degree, but for me it seems to be completely the other way around

The 40` handle places the channel on the glass nearer to the equivalent angle if using a 0° on a pole which is why it works well with the moerman handle

So if you were using the moerman handle by hand with no pole, you'd be adjusting it to what angle, 0 degrees ?

I've just gone ahead and bought a moerman handle, since I can adjust it to maybe 15 or 20 degrees. Something between 0 and 30 anyway, my wrist it really starting to ache from pushing my hand forward to compensate for this. But it just works so well, I can't go back to using a 30 degree handle with the liquidator

But he's using the squeegee adjusted to a 30 or 40 degree angle and he's saying to move your hand further from the window.

With me it's the other way around. Mine work perfectly at 0 degree, and if I'm using a 30 or 40 degree, it works much better when I move my hand towards the window (almost getting my knuckles wet, as he says)

Strange..but if it works..we're all different. .otherwise we'd all be boring

Back