Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Plumbing Help

CNS-southwest

Ok so we have a section on the u bend where the washing machine drainage goes. But we use reusable cloth nappies and because the u bend is high up the waste water sits in the washing machine drainage pipe and we get a nasty wiff through the Plug hole and even on normal washes we are having drainage issues.... So there was a second connection under there further away from the sink and low down, so i connected the machine here, but its leaking every time the machine does a proper drain, the connection from grey hose to plastic is ok but it still leaks round this aswell as leaking just after the bend and where it joins the big pipe.

Pic below:

19CDE835-7015-4D04-B438-EBAE1D1D1444-6576-000007ECA7070B89.jpg

Any ideas lads??

Much appreciated

Dave

put a jublee clip on the grey part to clamp that tight.

the leak after the bend might just need re gluing with some Solvent Weld PVC Cement

the fittings that i am looking at are not the glue type the grey pipe just put a jubilee clip on, but the other fitting where you are going from a 1 1/2 -1 1/4 i think you are missing something or it is put the wrong way .On the elbow or bend when you pull back the nut the first thing should be a fiber washer then a rubber washer if this is not like this it will leak

Back