Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is there a better way to pressure wash a patio?

Pedro

Pedro (Peter Kerr)
Hi you lot, I need to pick your brains and apologies if this question has been asked previously.

On occasions I get asked to wash patios which is nice for the money, but is not a job I particularly enjoy, apart from getting filthy (and aching back), I sometimes find the end result varies.

I am using a Honda 200psi petrol jet washer (a step up from the petrol Karcher 3000GS I previously used). I don't use any pre-treatment, is this where I'm going wrong as I have seen before on these forums mention of "Hypo" (I presume Sodium Hypo-chlorite), and laundry washing powder. What's best and is the Hypo in a powder or liquid form and how is it applied? (ie. quantities, time left on before washing etc.). Being a bit of an environmentalist, I have also seen a product called Algon organic, has anyone got any experience of this product?

Cheers, Pedro

O.k. it looks like most of the answers I'm looking for are already on here, still finding my way around this site. But, anyone with any specific answers to the above would be appreciated.

Hypo is liquid form mate and you dilute to strength you require

Algon I've had very good results and use it for conny roofs

Nice one, from reading your posts I can see you are very knowledgeble on the subject and I have learnt quite a lot from them. Is Hypo much different in constituent and cost to domestic bleach?

200 bar mate is ample for any job

Sometimes pressure alone is not enough for certain staining/lichen black Spurs etc

Like anything can someone expect a neglected drive,patio to be perfect after years of neglect

I always take before and after photos because it shows the customer the massive difference

Sometimes even if you clean a slab 50 times there will be marks and that's were chemicals come in

I treated one last week 3 times to remove these because it was that bad

Most lichens etc are move than surface deep so the need for hypo etc is required to kill and remove the colony

Last edited by a moderator:
Back