Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sealskins

Andy

Bought a pair of sealskins from sealskins £40 two weeks before Christmas. Between Christmas and new year they split down one of the finger's seam on the right hand glove. Sent them back.Two weeks later got a new pair. Had a catch up job to do yesterday after 10 mins hand felt wet, you guessed it finger split down the seam left glove this time. I can't be arsed to send them back again. My personal opinion for the hype they get they are pants. Any one else had a problem with them or am i just unlucky.

Don't know about the gloves @Andy, however, I bought a sealskin coat about 6 months ago and its :turd:

Wore it in pouring rain whilst working, and my shoulders were damp. Told them in the shop about it and they informed me i must regularly wash it, then spray it with this special spray that cost a fortune! Cobblers to that.

In the end i went on e. Bay and bought a pvc trousers and coat. Cost me £13 and keeps me bone dry.

I wear shorts and t.shirt under it so I don't get sweaty.

My sealskin hat also holds water and is :turd:, so I'm trying to find a waterproof hat. Anyone who has a link, please let me know /emoticons/smile.png

Pub time

i bought the sealskinz socks thinking theyre not the cheapest at £30 a pair but if it keeps me warm and dry ts worth it- and they have just not lived up there claim in saying theyre 100 percent waterproof i woudnt advis anyone to buy their gear now

i had the gloves years ago the kevlar one and they were shite kept bursting and i just got them replaced after about 3 pairs never again.

got the socks there okay,

i wear them in my waders cos they always leak too .

Skytec ones are great. Nightmare if you pull off fast though....so hard to get the padding to end of fingers again.

Skytec Argon Xtra - Fleece Lined, Sponge Touch, Waterproof Gloves Gardiner Pole Systems
Bought these off Gardiner for a tenner November last year. So far so good, kept me warm, dry, and haven't split.

Used them for holding my hose while reeling in and everything.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

These are a whole load better than the ones that can be bought out of Screwfix , I bought some in December and they have been great they still smell like a rat has crawled inside and died if you don't wear disposable gloves as liner though .

I was given some gloves last week bye Openreach engineer, have used them last week and today and tbh they are fantastic, great grip kept my hands warm, and not that thick either, for the price they might be worth a try. Here is the link for the company who makes them, so just choose what type you want then search on google for supplier. Products | Showa Gloves, the ones i got were called Showa 306

Latest Posts

Back