Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do I Need A Pump

S

stellafella05

hi guys I have got a 1000 ltr ibc tank in my garage and currently just moved in to a property with a water meter so am thinking of installing a something to collect rain water from downspouts to feed my tank in garage any suggestions best way to do this please guys ??

using a meter isn't as bad as you think.

im on a metre and use about 400lts a day, plus supply water to a few other window cleaners.

I use a 200gpd RO system, for me to make 1000lts of pure 2000lts goes out as waste,

this only costs just over £9 for using 3000lts of water.

Do a search on youtube for rainwater harvesting and diverters.

You need to find some inline filtration that will remove the fines before it goes into your ibc tank.

Jeff Brimble made a long u shaped trap from 110mm soil pipe that stood about 6' high. The idea was that the fines would settle in the bottom of the trap that he could drain off as part of his maintenance program. (I'm sure Jeff won't mind me using his photo)

The Australians are good at rainwater collecting. The have divised systems that allow the first part of the rain storm to drain away, taking with it the dust and muck in the gutters. After a certain amount of water has passed, they then divert the 'cleaner' water into tanks.

The water off the house roof with concrete tiles is about 34ppm. The water off the garage roof which is painted felt is between 2 and 4ppm. If we did harvest, we would need to keep the garage roof gutter clean. We can't rely on a continual supply of rainwater as we experienced rather poor rainfall in the summer. The current rainfall we are experiencing will be enough to keep the tanks full though

http://robinson-solutions.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/rain-water-harvesting-make-your-own-for.html

View attachment 2258

Back