Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van set up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Looking to get van mount now asap as going well and struggling with car and water, who is the best to get it done by ? pure freedom? xline or other ?

Is it hard to do it yourself safely and properly? any tips?

would 400 ltr be enough or should I go 500 ish?

cheers

Hi Paul good to hear its going well. I think there's been a few trends lately about this very subject If you can afford it get it fitted by a proper company who have had there systems crash tested. Apart from the insurance part of it ( there are loads of window cleaners with self fitted systems who's insurance is worth nothing if they have a bad crash)

DIY and get the biggest tank your payload will allow taking into account all other gear, and yourself. Can't see the point in spending billy big b0ll0cks kind of money when you can do the same yourself for a fraction of the cost.

Right now I don't I am still using a trolley/back pack, I am currently toying with a van mount and if I did I would make my own pump box so I can use it on trolley or van mount, it really is very straight forward, there are a couple of really good posts in the DIY section. I'll see if I can dig some up.

Go DIY, save thousands and have fun designing and fitting it. It's all fairly simple and loads of info on here such as those Diwrnach has linked to. Plus you'll be able to fix, upgrade and so on yourself quicker and cheaper too :thumbsup: Good luck.

go diy as u can get the best of gear and build a system thatd cost 10000 and itll only cost u a fraction of it

and when u buid your own when something goes wrong ( which it will even with pro systems)

u will no where the prroblem is and how to sort it

Hi Paul good to hear its going well. I think there's been a few trends lately about this very subject If you can afford it get it fitted by a proper company who have had there systems crash tested. Apart from the insurance part of it ( there are loads of window cleaners with self fitted systems who's insurance is worth nothing if they have a bad crash)
Sorry bud - not sure how (or when?) I marked your comment as a 'Disagree'.

Must have been a typo....

Diy all the way, that's your clean it up mentality coming out damo, you can buy baffled tanks, and you can make them safe, there is absolutely no point in spending thousands on a system when you can do it yourself for £700, my total cost was 700, and van looks nice and tidy and works every time. No way would I pay someone ££££ to do it, no point what so ever..

Those that pay for a system are really only doing so because

A - they like showing off

B - there lazy

C - they can't get on with diy

/emoticons/tongue.png

DIY and get the biggest tank your payload will allow taking into account all other gear, and yourself. Can't see the point in spending billy big b0ll0cks kind of money when you can do the same yourself for a fraction of the cost.

Well said, it is literally a fraction of the cost, plus it's easy, if I can do it, anyone can!

Wow Jake CIU really cut you up lol bless. You keep going on about it.
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Ha ha, cut me up? I was literally laughing the whole time I was on there, there are loads on here that left ciu because of how cr@p it was,

Why have you suddenly turned up here then? To be a mod? That's why I asked if you were married, I new you wouldn't be, you literally breathe window cleaning :rofl: o_O

Point is, clean it up is the place where people say things like 'so you can fit a crash tested system yourself?'

The reason no ones agreeing with you is because your taking ciu language :rofl:

Nothing wrong with a diy, if you can pay someone to do it safely, then you can do it safely yourself,

Nobody's hating, you've just got a way of being a right old plonker sometimes!

Back