Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Greasy Spots On Glass

beaver0_15

Just wondering if any one has this problem,

Every pane of glass i come a cross has between 1 and ten of these little spots, general scrubbing with applicator doesn't seem to get them off and some of them smear when squeegeeing.

First of all, does anyone know what im on about out?

Secondly are we expected to get these off? U can't always see them all untill UV squeegees so it would mean cleaning every pane twice

i have had this on some windows where i have cleaned say something from the glass previous and it has affected the glass somehow .

like some varnish or paint or something else that is a stubborn stain i dont worry about it tbh its not our job we only clean the glass .

Is it wee bits of silicone? You can usually get them off with a scrim and rub it hard til it does or use a scraper if it's a big bit

if it smears when you squeegee it then it should come off with a hard scrub with the mop, therefore you should definitely clean them, sometimes if i miss one the first time i scrub il notice as im squeegy'ing the soap off and quickly give another scrub with the end of the mop while still squeegying, then just follow the mop down, if you see what i mean?

they do come off with scrim but just seems time consuming and very annoying, job I WA doing today first half of the house I resorted to scrubbing thw whole of the window with the end of applicator but i soon got sick of that

Back