Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

UBIK dos and donts

Diwrnach

Always just stuck with pure but got a minging connie tomorrow and thought I would try this UBIK out I have had sat for about a year, its not self cleaning glass at all, so whats the dos and don'ts?

I always wet the roof first using the customers tap and a regular garden hose I keep in the van.

Then I add a big splash of ubik to my backpack and fill with tap water. I turn the flow right down to just a dribble and use a Gardiner flocked sill brush to give the roof a good covering and a bit of a scrub with ubik/water from the backpack.

I don't go too mad with the scrubbing yet as I want the ubik to do the work, not me.

Once the roof is covered and I've used the sill brush to work it in a bit I go back to where I started, turn the flow up a bit and give it a good clean a section at a time. That way the ubik has had a good five or ten mins to get to work. Once I've cleaned the whole roof I rinse the lot down with my hose connected to the customers tap and go over the odd bit that needs a bit more attention.

If it's a glass roof I then give it a proper rinse with pure once I'm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Spray the **** out of the roof and go have a smoke for 10 minutes

Then scrub the roof with tapwater if possible to save pure

Don't rinse properly as when you do the finials etc from the other side the muck will go all over the side you did first

Then rinse the whole lot properly

Job done

Cash in the pocket

Kerching

What sort of ratio do you guys use?

Thanks a lot for the info, I did a couple of my wondows with it today just to see, was probably 10-1, the bathroom window now has a rainbow effect in it, but not 100% if that was before I did it or not tbh.

Bit hard to say what ratio I use. Just a big splosh into the backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3 gloops = 2 splashes just in case you weren't sure of the conversion rate

My ratio is this:

Light blue for first cleans / light soiling

Dark blue for a dirty job

One tip I can give doing conny roofs is this; always clean the easiest to reach side first. When cleaning the finial on the easiest to reach side the :turd: will fall onto the hard to reach side. When you get to the hard to reach side that :turd: will fall onto the easy to reach side, but when the :turd: from the hard to reach side has gone onto the easy to reach side there won't be much :turd: left on the easy to reach side.

Ya get me?

3 gloops = 2 splashes just in case you weren't sure of the conversion rate
My ratio is this:

Light blue for first cleans / light soiling

Dark blue for a dirty job
thats what i,m into got mine in one of them spray bottles light blue or dark nice one

Done loads of connie roofs so no all about the **** going each side etc just always done them with pure and elbow greese

What sort of ratio do you guys use?
Thanks a lot for the info, I did a couple of my wondows with it today just to see, was probably 10-1, the bathroom window now has a rainbow effect in it, but not 100% if that was before I did it or not tbh.
The easiest way to describe mine is I make it like I would a cup of orange squash. ...unless you're one of those weirdos that likes it too week or two strong./emoticons/biggrin.png

So like a pint of Jack Daniels and coke then, about a third Jack Daniels two thirds coke?

And just got back from first connie clean with UBIK and I have to say its bloody brilliant! the only thing I didn't like was the black brush part under the end of the final kept pouring out soapy bubbles I couldn't seem to get rid of, I also had to rinse one time to many but that was my fault.

Other than that brilliant, impressed with the stuff, no idea why I hadn't used it before!

Looks good mate. I couldn't manage without ubik now. I ran out today but I've got some on order. Should be here tomorrow or Monday.

I'm picking up another product soon which is apparently way better than ubik, but I'll leave you all hanging til I get it and try it out for myself.:lipssealed:

Looks good mate. I couldn't manage without ubik now. I ran out today but I've got some on order. Should be here tomorrow or Monday.
If you need some before it arrives give me a shout bud

I'm picking up another product soon which is apparently way better than ubik, but I'll leave you all hanging til I get it and try it out for myself.:lipssealed:
Hmmmmm....interesting. .maybe i might know what it is..we'll have to confer as i have heard about something good today

Back