Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You Connect Hosereel To Your Pole Hose?

Tuffers

I currently have a tap that connects them, a barb that goes into the reel hose which is screwed into the tap, a rubber disc that protects the tap when dragging on the ground then at the other end of the tap I have an EZ-snap male connector screwed into the tap and that clicks into a female EZ-snap on the pole hose.

Now what I want to do (and keep the tap) is this; I want to fix a hose guide to my back door, my problem is that the rubber disc won't fit through the gap on the Gardiners hose guide http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-reels/hose-reel-accessories/hose-roller-guide.html. Would you get an EZ-snap female with 8mm barb, connect that to the reel hose, then connect a male EZ-snap to the tap, another male EZ-snap the other side of the tap and female 6mm barbed EZ-snap on the pole hose? That way I could disconnect the tap assembly (including rubber disc) and re-connect it all the other side of the door. Once connected the tap can be left dangling out of the guide on the outer side of the door for the rest of the day.

Any other ideas of how I could do it? I suppose I could do away with the current tap and add an inline tap on the pole hose.

Confused? I am /emoticons/biggrin.png

Before I did the no pole hose thing. I used to use old spark plug covers to protect the rectus fitting. Like the one in this pic, only the rubber ones. That would fit through the hose guide

I have a female Hozelock water stop connector on the end of my microbore reel hose and a male on my pole hose. When I disconnect the two the water stops.
Does the water drip out of your pole hose when disconnected? Or have you got a tap on the pole hose?

Does the water drip out of your pole hose when disconnected? Or have you got a tap on the pole hose?
It drips out. I coil it up each time I put the pole back in the van though and it's hooked up so it doesn't drip in the van if there's any water left in it.

Latest Posts

Back