Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole hose and univalve fitting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

have gardiners a decent hose pu equivellent to the exceed blue hose,

Univalve, are these well tested now as the easiest waterflow controller to use.

Do you just crimp your pole hose onto univalve

I've been using them on three poles since they were introduced earlier this year. They are simple and effective.

If you're using PVC or reinforced pole hose you'll need to use 'O' clips to keep the hose attached to the Univalve. If you're using PU hose, whether ExCeed's blue or Gardiner's orange or green, you probably won't need to, at least I haven't with either hot or cold water. They seem to grip tighter when you pull on them

It's. Definitely easy to use ,haven't got any issues in a year. Only when I realized I got to go from the gardiner all season yellow hose to the blue clear stiff type one . It became like a rubberband In hot weather. Now after shifted to hot water it would have been even worse.

so a uni valve and exceed blue pole hose it is, order tomorrow,
Order the green pu from gardiners as it is better i think

I use it with a univalve and it is very responsive with having no stretch when pulling it

I o ringed mine on just to be sure but agree it probably wouldn't pull off anyway

I cut my pole hose about an inch below the bottom of the pole and then attach a jg pushfit connector on to make the pole tubeless when not in use

The green pu grips perfectly in that also

Uni valve ordered, ill try the green pu hose from gardinerss, as recomended by daveyboy , i hope its as good as the blue frrom ex ceed, when i get my brush

I haven't used the exceed hose but tuffers was saying it split where he kept kinking the hose

The green stuff is flexible enough that kinking it wouldn't damage it

You do need to get the end of the hose hot in a cup of boiling water for at least a full minute to get it on the univalve easily as it is a tight fit

Back