Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Arculated Swivel Feet For Ladder

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

Got given a brand new set but how do you fit them on? They have 3 bolts going through them. Do you have to drill 3 holes in the ladder to fit them on. Surely it weakens the ladder. Anyone help?

How safe are these feet ? It's not the three bolts at the bracket that worry me but, the single bolt at the foot itself. You're transferring all your weight to these two bolts and also, the feet themselves....how strong are they, what if one breaks while you're at the top of the ladder ?

I'm thinking of coming back to window cleaning after a 23 year absence and one of the problems I used to get was, my ladders digging into the customers lawn. I used to feel safer at the top of the ladders in this situation obviously but, of course, it's not good for your customer. These feet look as though they stop this and I imagine they're also safer on slippery surfaces such as moss/ice etc ?

Has anyone ever had a ladder slip or just feel unsafe whilst using these feet ? How secure do they feel on wet grass ?

Thanks for any advise on this...

Mart.

How safe are these feet ? It's not the three bolts at the bracket that worry me but, the single bolt at the foot itself. You're transferring all your weight to these two bolts and also, the feet themselves....how strong are they, what if one breaks while you're at the top of the ladder ?
I'm thinking of coming back to window cleaning after a 23 year absence and one of the problems I used to get was, my ladders digging into the customers lawn. I used to feel safer at the top of the ladders in this situation obviously but, of course, it's not good for your customer. These feet look as though they stop this and I imagine they're also safer on slippery surfaces such as moss/ice etc ?

Has anyone ever had a ladder slip or just feel unsafe whilst using these feet ? How secure do they feel on wet grass ?

Mart.
They are safe you can also pivot them to sort of act like spikes!
like these ones here! http://www.ladderinjury.com/images/118_1899.jpg

Like anything they are safe up to a point - here is a pdf doc regarding use of ladders for window cleaning that you may find helpful.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/misc613.pdf

To be honest if you can minimise the use of ladders in your work like I do by using wfp method instead would help reduce your risks associated with window cleaning considerably. Also you would be able to take on more work instead of turning work away due to access issues.

Hope this helps?

Mart.

My advice what i find usfull is using ladder footing divice called 'Ladder mate' it foots the ladder and stops it from slipping at almost any angle i dont feel safe without it serch on ebay for it there bout £20 online there like 80 -100 worth geting!!

My advice what i find usfull is using ladder footing divice called 'Ladder mate' it foots the ladder and stops it from slipping at almost any angle i dont feel safe without it serch on ebay for it there bout £20 online there like 80 -100 worth geting!!
I've got the same thing but its called a grippa ladder. Ex piece of equipment & feel so safe with it on.

How does it clip onto the ladder? My ladder mate like goes through the ladder rungs to stop it im just curious :)

Back