Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many start and then quit?

How long is he gonna be paying all that new gear off while my trusty ladders and tools are earning me profit;)

saying that i could do with a new squeegee as mine is about as old as smurf

yeh i am dying to get my box in the boot sorted....full of everything...and at the bottom ...everything coated in gone off skittles....maybe i could sell you a nice squeegee or two....

if they give me any hassle...i canna waste time...off to the box in the boot with you....:rofl:

Just went in shop and customer has given me a fake quid

bloke in shop just bent it in half with his fingers

today , while working ,a new 14 plate transit pulls up nearby , lad hops out and reels out a new looking wfp and walks by me water spraying out a good 3 foot [i was footing a 3 storey ladder] , as he walks past he mutters ,"wudnt get me on that" , and i smile. minutes later he is back ,comes up to me "why dont u have one of these and a pukka van like me" / i say,im not interested in them / he then starts banging on about how much he earns and where he works"everywhere and anywhere mate" ..tho iv never seen him in 6 yrs anywhereafter listening a bit longer i finally snap back "youre full of sh/t " which made my workers laugh
maybe boar they spend to much time in there shiny new van, you often see guys driving around but not actually doing anything

Gonna drive back now..only 60 miles then home for 11 and do it all again tomorrow. .2 new xleans and a gutter..neighbours of mineso no moving my car

wow and i moan if its over three miles to work..../emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh struggling to get my pole banana into my car at times...not forgetting the drip drip drip..and the wife says...why is my seat wet....oops..

good luck with your drive i always wanted to be a lorry driver...but not on todays roads:eek:

hey i had to go to manchester airport yesterday ....im still shaking...and as for the bloody sat nav....well to be fair i reckon the wife used places of interest setting and it thought we wanted a scenic walk to the place....

I gave up once, lasted 10 months before i started windows again.

I gave up because i was fed up of getting wet, cold, irregular pay, just bored of the job, fancied a change.

But i was just soooooo happy when i started cleaning again, i'll do it till i drop lol

yep me got no pension on the principal if i cant clean windows then its time for the big bye bye....i mean smurf gets around okay on his mobility scooter....:Dits okay he dont read every post....

I gave up cos I got lazy and was subbing my work off a guy with 10 employees

one friday he said I've sold it no work anymore sorry

I could've cried

not enough of my own work to pay the bills so went driving

not enjoyed work for 6 years now so thought while I'm working I can build it up

going well in just a couple of weeks so will be jaxking this in soon

gotta drive back to hatfield from newmarket now

stoopid hours

once only saw a guy in a Lreggy mondeo estate with a brown cardboard sign with tiny amateurish scrawl in the rear window " john.... window cleaner." funny what effect things like that have

i like amateur , he gave me the idea to make handwritten fliers on crepe paper!

You can throw huge amounts of money at setting up a business but if you don't have the drive/determintaion to succeed and lack good business sence then they wonder why they fail.

Is that so :laugh:

yep me got no pension on the principal if i cant clean windows then its time for the big bye bye....i mean smurf gets around okay on his mobility scooter....:Dits okay he dont read every post....

I will have you know @cheapncheerful my walker works just great to carry me stuff about. When I get tired I can also sit down on the seat provided. /emoticons/biggrin.png

s8887_1.jpg

Back