Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What a plonker I am

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

I spent an hour today looking for my van keys and can you guess where I found them?

yep locked my keys in my windowcleaning pocket for the third time, today as i slammed the boot shut.....but.....i have the spare key on my phone around my neck.....saved....not to mention leaving my heavy duty cycle lock on the roof as i drove off and with all the luck in the world finding it still there on the next job....its solid steel and flying off into someones windscreen would not have been a good idea....i dont let it out of my hand now till its in the boot....and what about the best one.....turning up at work and reaching on the roof for ladders which are nicely locked away at home....grrrrrr....and the bloody wife waved me off.....and of course the greatest one....l clean a job behind locked gates and nicely waited to get out and got back to my car and drove home...it was friday......on sunday the wife back from walking the dogs said where are your ladders.?......

and it had been very windy and guess who had left them up leaning against the house wall,,,,oops thankyou tony for taking them down and storing them safely ....i had a nightmare where they had blown down and landed on his porche....very sheepishly went back on monday morning.....ooops....more oh yes plenty more....hope i have learnt my lesson....

I turned the house upside down and in the end my wife said have you checked the bin. Low and behold I found the van keys in the bin in a chip shop bag. We had a chipy supper last night and I must have inadvertently with the chip paper scooped them up from the side whilst tidying up.

The bad news I was late for a quote so had to phone the customer after I found the keys to say why I was late.

Good news the lady understood the delay and even said “you sound just like me as I’m always doing stupid thing and the best one was I feel in the garden pond last year” /emoticons/biggrin.png

You sound just like me...That reminds me I need to get a spare set of keys for the van so I can loose those too

yep locked my keys in my windowcleaning pocket for the third time, today as i slammed the boot shut.....but.....i have the spare key on my phone around my neck.....saved....not to mention leaving my heavy duty cycle lock on the roof as i drove off and with all the luck in the world finding it still there on the next job....its solid steel and flying off into someones windscreen would not have been a good idea....i dont let it out of my hand now till its in the boot....and what about the best one.....turning up at work and reaching on the roof for ladders which are nicely locked away at home....grrrrrr....and the bloody wife waved me off.....and of course the greatest one....l clean a job behind locked gates and nicely waited to get out and got back to my car and drove home...it was friday......on sunday the wife back from walking the dogs said where are your ladders.?......and it had been very windy and guess who had left them up leaning against the house wall,,,,oops thankyou tony for taking them down and storing them safely ....i had a nightmare where they had blown down and landed on his porche....very sheepishly went back on monday morning.....ooops....more oh yes plenty more....hope i have learnt my lesson....

yep locked my keys in my windowcleaning pocket for the third time, today as i slammed the boot shut.....but.....i have the spare key on my phone around my neck.....saved....not to mention leaving my heavy duty cycle lock on the roof as i drove off and with all the luck in the world finding it still there on the next job....its solid steel and flying off into someones windscreen would not have been a good idea....i dont let it out of my hand now till its in the boot....and what about the best one.....turning up at work and reaching on the roof for ladders which are nicely locked away at home....grrrrrr....and the bloody wife waved me off.....and of course the greatest one....l clean a job behind locked gates and nicely waited to get out and got back to my car and drove home...it was friday......on sunday the wife back from walking the dogs said where are your ladders.?......and it had been very windy and guess who had left them up leaning against the house wall,,,,oops thankyou tony for taking them down and storing them safely ....i had a nightmare where they had blown down and landed on his porche....very sheepishly went back on monday morning.....ooops....more oh yes plenty more....hope i have learnt my lesson....
Have you got a website? I think I've seen your pic via another forum.

I turned the house upside down and in the end my wife said have you checked the bin. Low and behold I found the van keys in the bin in a chip shop bag. We had a chipy supper last night and I must have inadvertently with the chip paper scooped them up from the side whilst tidying up.
The bad news I was late for a quote so had to phone the customer after I found the keys to say why I was late.

Good news the lady understood the delay and even said “you sound just like me as I’m always doing stupid thing and the best one was I feel in the garden pond last year” /emoticons/biggrin.png
You were lucky to find them Smurf.

Ha, I am like this all the time with my keys. Wife always tells me to hang them up bit if I do that is still loose them because I never hang them up lol

Indeed...if I hadn't listened to my wife it would have cost me big time as that was the only set of keys I had for the van.

You were lucky to find them Smurf.

I will make sure in future I always have my keys in my trouser pocket from now on like I normally do as it has the house keys on there aswell. I've also been locked out of the house more than once too /emoticons/biggrin.png

Ha, I am like this all the time with my keys. Wife always tells me to hang them up bit if I do that is still loose them because I never hang them up lol

Indeed...if I hadn't listened to my wife it would have cost me big time as that was the only set of keys I had for the van.
always pays to listen to the mrs:D

sometimes:rolleyes:

Back