Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice Please

Belfastcleaning

Right today I'm cleaning in a new development, they are still building all around, the roads are not finished and I'm round every 4 weeks, the windows are really bad! So I said to a few last time I'm going to start using the pole for the upstairs ( cos frames are bogging everytime ) BUT... It's dry and diggers and dumpers driving about making dust go everywhere... Will it affect the tops because they are wet? Will it attract the dust and make them dirty? Have had 2 customers put me on hold because a few days after I do them they are dirty.. But others are glad to be done... But these are easy peasy 1 pane windows and are easy for the pole...Would you do then pole or ladder?

Let me know as I'll be there about 10am today lol cheers

I think if you stop using the pole and start laddering them that from now on the customer will want them laddering every time. Personally I'd stick with the pole because if you make the choice to change method, your customers will expect to change methods

I have been doing them ladders, just a couple of triples Iv always used the pole and for others above rooves.. Just want to use the pole on all tops now because the windows and frames are so bad every 4 weeks I have stopped cleaning the frames everytime lol also alot have a roof above bottom windows so it be a bit safer than ladders too

Use the pole mate. There's no difference if you do them by trad, it rains and dust goes on the glass.

They know the circumstances, it will be far easy and quicker to do them wfp.

Yes just used the pole lol, the water runs off the glass very good and hardly leaves any just after rinsing. Will maybe start doing bottoms pole too! Tho there is a few rooves are too long and need the good ole ladders to save the day

All my work is on new devlopments and theirs loads of building work being done... i just do the job and go... dont worry about anything mate /emoticons/tongue.png aslong as u done the job and the windows have been cleaned the customer will be happy /emoticons/smile.png

I had 1 customer say to me he wants it every 8 weeks now cos of the builders coming and making a mess.. i said no problem /emoticons/smile.png

Lol

Also when i door knock new estates i noticed that a few people say no not until the builders go... so they just say leave a card with us /emoticons/smile.png

Back