Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Harry From Hampshire

WCF

Help Support WCF:

R

Relic

Hello all, i'm currently considering starting my own window cleaning business and have been doing some research this week which has subsequently lead myself here. I'm undecided on the initial route i'll take but the cheaper start up costs of using traditional methods, then investing in a water fed pole system later down the line seems the avenue i'm likely to take. Neverheless I won't rush into making any decisions and will just soak up as much information as possible before i make any commitment!

As an utter newbie to this industry, would it be worth completing any training courses i.e National Window Cleaning Academy etc, before i let myself loose on the public? Would i be better served practicing at home, then learning on the job so to speak? Any thoughts about this and anything you else would be really appreciated!

Welcome mate!!!

If its information you want mate you have arrived at the right place. Everyone on here is fantastic.

I for one am just getting a business plan up and running and can't wait to start now. Fire away with questions mate and I'm sure all will be as help as ever!

Where about are you in Hampshire?

Welcome once again and all the best!

Welcome to the forum .

You don't need training to clean windows .

It's common sense really if they dirty clean them until clean simples .

Get some practice on your own windows before letting loose on jo public lol .

Youtube is great for learning technique etc watch and learn then get out there .

Welcome to the forum, window cleaning is a good trade to be in mate /emoticons/wink.png tell us a bit more.... Are u going to have transport? If so what vehicle?

Welcome to the forum, window cleaning is a good trade to be in mate /emoticons/wink.png tell us a bit more.... Are u going to have transport? If so what vehicle?
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, i'll purchase a small van - Combo, Berlingo or Partner.

Welcome mate!!!

If its information you want mate you have arrived at the right place. Everyone on here is fantastic.

I for one am just getting a business plan up and running and can't wait to start now. Fire away with questions mate and I'm sure all will be as help as ever!

Where about are you in Hampshire?

Welcome once again and all the best!
Thanks, i'm in Winchester!

Are you looking to start your business with a water fed pole or initially use traditional methods?

gonna kit the Van out with WFP, but still going to do Trad, you never know when equipment could fail and you need Trad! I done my Basic training for the Army in Winchester, didnt see much of the town, but ran around the forest there with a rifle lol! but from what I seen it was nice lol!

gonna kit the Van out with WFP, but still going to do Trad, you never know when equipment could fail and you need Trad! I done my Basic training for the Army in Winchester, didnt see much of the town, but ran around the forest there with a rifle lol! but from what I seen it was nice lol!

If anyone ius 100% wfp i would recommend them to have a bacpack /emoticons/smile.png This could be used if the system ever fails /emoticons/tongue.png

I still got to purchase one still when i can afford it !

Lol

If anyone ius 100% wfp i would recommend them to have a bacpack /emoticons/smile.png This could be used if the system ever fails /emoticons/tongue.png

I still got to purchase one still when i can afford it !

Lol
So if it fails now ya buggered H lol, Get the trad gear for insides anyway mate and learn how to use it.
Oh and welcome to the forum as well..

i got trad gear rememeber dodger /emoticons/tongue.png

i done insides once /emoticons/tongue.png lol

But am getting a backpack in 2 weeks /emoticons/smile.png i always say this but i dont

but should defo get it soon /emoticons/tongue.png

Welcome to the forum Harry. As mentioned check out YouTube as well. Look up My Wagga or even the forums very own mark m and RC who have some great vids about DIY'ing to save yourself a buck or two!

Good luck...

Back