Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much to charge for the external cleaning of a conservatory?

THL4KEL

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be charging for this service, is there any rule of thumb of how much to charge the client?

No rule of thumb, although a lot of guys will charge there hourly rate plus a bit on top. maybe get half a dozen local quotes and go from there?

Pricing is really down to how much you want vs how much they will pay which will depend on the area and the local competition to an extent.

As a complete generalisation, i tend to go off about £40 an hour on add on work but thats just my personal choice you can go with whatever you want....An average 3x3m conny in average condition would take me an hour and a half steady although ive done them in a lot less before. If its local/existing customer i would charge £60, if its out of the way i would charge extra for travel.

Example have one booked in for next week at £120, its 30 mins there, about a 90 min job and 30 mins back (done this one before) so 2 n half hour round trip plus a bit of fuel call it 3 hours at 40 quid = 120

But decide your own formula for these things as thats all that matters, it will change over time anyway, its so much easier to quote higher when your busy and dont really care either way than when you are desperate and taking any money thats offered.

My first conny i prices at £25 i think, first gutter a tenner, you live and learn and grow into these things

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is similar to Adamangler, But it can also depend were you live in the UK as prices do vary so don't take all prices on here as your pricing.

Always charge higher on real dirty ones. I was caught out on one a few weeks ago. Took me longer than expected :gush:

Did my first real one today and underpriced it though wasn't too bad.

Ended up 4 hours not 2.5 for £85......roof was a pain especially doing the finials....anybody got a good way of getting up close and personal with these to give a good scrub w/o them breaking.

From the gutters down was a piece of pee...wfp brush and Ubik and a good rinse off then clean windows pure.

Only 10 minute travel though so no pain no gain.

Did my first real one today and underpriced it though wasn't too bad.Ended up 4 hours not 2.5 for £85......roof was a pain especially doing the finials....anybody got a good way of getting up close and personal with these to give a good scrub w/o them breaking.

From the gutters down was a piece of pee...wfp brush and Ubik and a good rinse off then clean windows pure.

Only 10 minute travel though so no pain no gain.

Never had a problem , just soak with neat flash or similar all purpose cleaner ubik etc.

let it dwell a bit then scrub with the water off into a lather, bit of washing up liquid gives it some lather lol.

Then scrub it all with the water on and rinse.

Try some cream cleaner on the brush if you are struggling

Back