Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed poles enquires

Vinny

Hello chaps my first bit of help/ advice I need is that I'm looking for a new brush head seen one on Internet called water genie flagged dual trim 27cm ,now I didn't no whether you can buy any brush head and fit into onto any pole or do they need to be the same brand?? My second bit of help does anyone struggle to reach the sills on some windows that have quite a large angle to them what would you guys recommend on how to reach them?

Poles and brushes do not need to be the same brand but you do need to ensure that you have a suitable adapter if they are not. Deep sills are overcome by using a long angle adapter.

You can use a long angle adapter or a Gooseneck to reach over deep sills.

You can use other brushes but may have to unscrew from the stock. Otherwise buy the same brand which is less hassle

Thanks for your help guys reason they different brands is that im trying to get to the summer before changing my pole but could do with a brush head as mine is the old school type which dont clean the sills all that great. Where does the gooseneck get attached theres seems a few different types also which one would you recommend?

I use two standard plastic angle adapters joined together with a Gardiner's sill brush. New range coming out shortly.

same as spruce iv even had 3 screwed to gether but it does bend some i live in a costal town so lot of 3 storey 12 in deep sills

Vinny, the gooseneck attatches same place as the angle adapter. Gardiners have a few different sizes in Carbon and Alloy. Carbon is lightest and strongest but obviously more expensive. I use gardiners usually. Good luck ...

Thanks for that! Do u usually keep the gooseneck on at all times then or just for the windows with difficult sills does it affect the weight of the pole much?

iv only used a gooseneck a couple of times i like to be able to change the angle of the brush like in narrow alley i have it at 90 degrees one large place i do has a load of prickly shrubs in a medium sized bed in front of a set of down stairs windows just alter the angle of the brush and have it pointing straight out in a continuance of the pole and straight over the top of them.

Latest Posts

Back