Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack kits to include everything I need as cheap as possible :)

padman

Fancy giving this wfp stuff a go. I have a RO unit from when i had my marine fish. Really want to spend as little as possible to see if get on with it and add it to my other cleaning services.

Any recommendations for a total noob /emoticons/smile.png

Cheers Paul

DIY is probably your cheapest option. I'm not very handy so I went with the Gardiner backpack and strapped it to a sack barrow. You can pick up a cheap fibre glass pole on eBay. I decided to spend a bit more and went with a Gardiner SLX.

The first link is for a bayersan one

Not a good deal really when that is for a 15ft pole

For a 25 ft one it is 192 quid

The pole on it's own is cheap..i got a 30ft for £110 with the brush so the 25 ft is under £100

That makes the backpack over 100 quid and only 16l which is nothing

You can get a gardeners 22l backpack for 85 quid and spend more on a pole

The facelift is a good backpack but again 125 quid for something you can buy for 85 for the same reliability

Also it has the handle in the scew on lid whereas the gardeners it part of the unit

Not sure about the renegade pole as never tried an ally one before

The pole in your first link is £89.76 for 25 ft

The 15ft one in your link is only £54

So you would be paying about 130 notes for an iffy backpack

Have to say I'm impressed by the Gardiner backpack and pole so far, only been using it a week but it seems to tick all the boxes.

I've been using my Gardiner backpack and pole for about two weeks now and love it. Next up for me is a shorter, more compact sack barrow and an extension piece for my pole so I can do work above the first floor.

Thinking of getting the Big boy one now for £216 delivered.

The gardener one is £102 So am I going to get pole brush + all the fitting and be under £216 all in, I doubt but will have a search.

You can get a foldaway sack truck from Ikea for 9 pound they are more than up to the job? I have had expensive ones which break with all the fancy mechanisms.

The wheels are small and hard thoughPneumatic ones are the best
They are but it's nice, light and compact I have used them for 3 years and only 1 has broken used everyday since I went backpack only it does the job.

That looks like a good sack truck. I might get one, rather than carrying the back pack around......a ball breaking task. Lord only knows how people keep them on their backs for any period of time.....cant be good for the spine.

Back