Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing Fence Paint Stains.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dodger

Just wondered if anyone knows what will get this stuff off the glass without too much work, I'm pretty sure I can get it off with a good scrub of bicarb or t-cut but wondered what might just dissolve it, I don't think virosol is the right stuff (tell me if I'm wrong) as this isn't just grease or anything, it's really etched into the glass and theres loads of it on one house I'm doing again next week and a fair bit on one I did couple days ago.

Would tfr do it?.

I sSwear word!e with a sSwear word!er and if there's any marks left I'll put a bit of neat virosol on a cloth and give it a scrub, if that doesn't shift it then its staying there and I'll move on.

A hammer sometimes works if a good scrub and viro doesn't do the job /emoticons/biggrin.png

A hammer sometimes works if a good scrub and viro doesn't do the job /emoticons/biggrin.png
Always worth a try lol, didn't think virosol would shift something like that. Gave it a good scrub last month but hadn't got anything in car to fetch it off.

Idiot, why didn't I think of trying that theres a bloomin shop round corner from there probs would sell that lol.
White spirit will be know good as all fence spray made is now water based ,warm water with a bit of fairy sharp sSwear word!er then rub with a scrim to get the last hard bits off

I used something with the last windy I worked with it smelled like strong pear drops havnt a clue what it's called so no help here but it worked a treat

LOL @ Paul obviously no help whatsoever but I could buy some pear drops and throw em at the window.

I think I'm gonna use this house as a tester and leave myself plenty of time to do it. I'll start with Marks warm water idea although thats what I did before minus the warm water, Move on to Belfasts, if that don't work I'll get out the bicarb & vinegar. Maybe tfr and if all else fails the t-cuts comin out. I'll do one window straight off with tfr though see what happens.

Happy days I'll take some out tomorrow as I know there's 1 house that's covered in it will give it a try. Would you charge extra for doing this?

Happy days I'll take some out tomorrow as I know there's 1 house that's covered in it will give it a try. Would you charge extra for doing this?
I wouldn't unless it was real bad but thats just me, a lot would I think.
I watched a video of someone doing it a few weeks back but can't find it now.

Back