Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need Help With A Pump Box For Gutters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimbob

ive got a diy trolley that I use for windows and gutters it pumps out 2.6l pm spot on for my windows but lacking when comes to gutters so im going to build another one but with a bigger pump, what I need to know is do I want to get a pump which puts out more litres per minute or one with more psi or both, I was thinking about this one any advice would be grateful, also I use diluted tfr on gutters threw a small pressure sprayer but means me going up ladders to spray it I was wondering if running this threw a pump would damage the pump?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-DC-80PSI-70-4-3-L-min-Diaphragm-High-Pressure-Water-Pump-/321044222413?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PondsWaterFeatures_UK&hash=item4abfba11cd

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i think a 100 psi pump will give you 5lpm which is almost double what your looking at , shurflo seems to be the reliable choice , there around 75 quid, somebody had a link up recently about a shurflo on special offer, i think it was h . running chems through the pump will cause damage so i advoid this , i use an old vikan brush on wfp to apply the chem and its fast and safe,

I use to brush the chems on before but I find it a lot easier to spray it on leave for five mins thens rinse the worst off before scrubbing with the brush it helps keeps the brush cleaner and takes less rinsing and my tub of tfr lasts a lot longer, also when im in a small garden with washing lines and plant pots every were it gets awkward bringing the brush down to dip in the bucket and then back up to the gutters. ive got pole that I can connect to the mains water when available and the green algae just rinses off which means I hardly need to scrub I want the same from a pump box also how badly will the chems damage the pump? if a pump will last 3-4 months putting chemical threw it I don't mind replacing it at £25 a go if I get the cheap one

should do it says its 4.3 litres a minute currently using 2.6 lpm and it does the job just want that bit more there is other cheap pumps with more flow rate but the psi is not as high

You will kill a standard pump in no time passing chems through it unless you get a chemical rated pump.

I did this little house today as an example which was the usual gutter clearing then was asked to wash over the filthy gutters, wooden fascia, pvc windows and glass.

Just used wfp & pure as did not want to use outside tap and when needed sprayed ubik on the brush. If you want to go down the battery sparyer route you will using a lot more tfr than needed as most drips off the surfaces anyways.

View attachment 1795

View attachment 1796

Some also use a pressure washer with a chem injector fitted so chems does not go through the pump then they use a vario-nozzle either on a telescope or normal lance to apply trf then rinse.

This vid demos a vario nozzle on a swivel end on a telescopic lance.

Do you not put the chemicals in filter housing after pump and dilute as you spray rather than passing chemical through the pump

Can you not connect to customers taps for gutters? It's a waste of pure water.
I already do this were possible but when its a terrace or no outside tap I use my trolley I don't use pure water on gutters anyway no point

Back