Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Confused

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bingo

As I'm new to window cleaning, I'm a bit confused as to all the different types/styles of WFP brushes available.

When or why, would you use ...

Mono filament,...Flocked,....and Boars Hair brushes.

Pencil jets,...Fan jets.... what's the difference in the cleaning ability of these.

Do people use a selection of brushes on the same job, or are there specific brushes for a certain type of job.

Sorry for the Dumbo questions, but the more styles of brushes I see advertised, the more confused I'm getting :unsure: .

its like why are there so many diffrent types of anything! if they make it someone will buy it.

i only have 3 types of brushes.

one for every day use for everything, one for really bad first cleans then solar panel brush. thats it.

i find the ones i use do a good job so why change.

I use one brush for all windows but that just cause im cheap and wont by any more! I would like one oh those soft bristle brushes (is that what there called?)

i have the superlite mixed, its very very light and does a good job.

i didn't think it would as it small compared to the brushes i have

OK then, so now that I know a bit more about the different types of brushes.......

Why would you choose Pencil Jets instead of Fan Jets.......or Fan Jets instead of Pencil Jets.

I use one brush for all, I'm too lazy to keep changing brushes, Gardiner superlite mono filament does it all.

I prefer fans to pencils they give more coverage. Just experiment and you will find your favourite combination

I use a Gardiner Super-Lite Dual Trim Radius Sill brush with pencil jets for all my residential windows. I also have a Gardiner Extreme brush with a swivel resi goose neck. It comes in handy to reach a window that's over a roof and needs to be reached at an awkward angle. It's very very light but small. I get by without fan jests.

I like pencil jets because they are easier to aim. The fan jets seem to spray water all over. Hydrophobic glass rinses fine with pencil jets for me.

Back