Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

6 days to 6 hrs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

armagh27

Just got a massive kick to the nuts wife has to go into hospital for emergency reconstructive surgery on her shoulder been waiting 4 years will be out of the game of life for 12 to 18 months and my 4 year old son was diagnosed with autism on Monday so I have to put myself down as sole carer so my job has had to take a back seat not sure in today's climate weather client's would wait that long as there's a big gap between 6 days work a week and only 6 hours also my favourite cousin who would help me out in times of need is going to OZ in 3 weeks and my bro in law who was out of work for 7 years has **** me not just got a job and to top it all of kids finish school over here in 5 days if poss can anyone beat that for a shite week lol.......

again I want to put winner but cant really..

that is a lot of :turd::turd::turd: to land on anyone..

people often say why havent I as much work but I was out of the game with my anorexic daughter for ages ...I forgot all those bloody meetings and visits...days lost...

I hope you can recover armagh27 try and see if you can get some helper to keep your business going...but...

life comes first ...just hope you get through to the other side soon../emoticons/biggrin.png

Oh man that is a real kick in the nuts mate. Life sucks sometimes but keep strong. First point of call is apply for 'carers allowance'

I've read so many posts on here about people with kids who have autism or special needs. I've also seen lots of posts on the other forum where windys have kids with additional needs.

people often say why havent I as much work but I was out of the game with my anorexic daughter for ages ...I forgot all those bloody meetings and visits...days lost...

I hope you can recover armagh27 try and see if you can get some helper to keep your business going...but...

life comes first ...just hope you get through to the other side soon../emoticons/biggrin.png[/quote

life comes first ...just hope you get through to the other side soon../emoticons/biggrin.png
Thx cheerful.

Oh man that is a real kick in the nuts mate. Life sucks sometimes but keep strong. First point of call is apply for 'carers allowance'
I've read so many posts on here about people with kids who have autism or special needs. I've also seen lots of posts on the other forum where windys have kids with additional needs.
On it like a car bonnet lol cheers tuffers.

keep us posted hopefully it will work out in the end.../emoticons/biggrin.png

one thing I love about this forum is hearing other peoples problems as it makes me think how lucky I am....

and hope wifey comes out okay..

that brings back my four months of hell...

I had to do everything from walk the dogs get the kids ready cook carry her upstairs to the toilet...

cant tell you how she shattered her knee...

oh suppose I can..

she had gone to feed the dog ...and guess who she fell over.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Sorry to hear all that mate, your doing the right thing by looking after the family, don't worry about work for now, perhaps just let the dust settle and get into a routine beifre you think about it too much...

Hope your wife has a quick recovery, and I'm sure you'll do a good job looking after your son!

If your really stuck, then maybe sell some work it sub it out to antiher local windie, but for now I'd conventrate on your fam...

Yeah subbing would give you an income albeit smaller than you are used to and then keeping the customer base for when you can get back on it

Hope it sorts itself out soon mate

I have also noticed how many of us have autism etc in the family

My son is aspergers but a lot better as he gets older

Just means he has social issues and is a computer genius

But it is linked to autism (on the same spectrum ) so i can sympathise with you mate

Sorry to hear that mate. Do keep us posted though as things can hopefully improve just as quick as they go downhill. All the best /emoticons/smile.png

Sorry to hear you have had such a :turd: week. Everything always happens at once. Some on here will know my son has Autism. Well step son but met my wife when he was three so to me he's my son.

My full time job is manager of an Autism info and resource centre so if ya need anything just shout. /emoticons/wink.png

I think maybe this lifestyle suits people with autistic kids and kids with other issues as we don't need to book time off or half days for appointments etc

If i need to go to the child development centre with him i just go

Maybe that's why we choose this job

Sorry to hear you have had such a :turd: week. Everything always happens at once. Some on here will know my son has Autism. Well step son but met my wife when he was three so to me he's my son.
My full time job is manager of an Autism info and resource centre so if ya need anything just shout. /emoticons/wink.png
Thx very much gav have courses coming out of my ears now he has been diagnosed lol but I will bear you in mind thx again

lol god good. they are always handy although can get a bit much on the old learning curve. Courses here and there, professionals, meetings etc.

Hope all goes well :thumbsup:

sorry to hear that mate. if you want i will come up help you on a saturday for diseal money only ive got a 2 man system in van so can get round them very quick

pm me mate its not the end of the world we get u sorted

Sorry to hear that mate, life really can throw a curve ball at you, I have just been referred to the surgeons with my knee, might be months of healing time, not sure what I am going to do.

Sucks mate, just got to keep plugging away.

sorry to hear that mate. if you want i will come up help you on a saturday for diseal money only ive got a 2 man system in van so can get round them very quick
pm me mate its not the end of the world we get u sorted
Thx pal your a star .

Really sorry to hear all that armagh27. Hope everything works out ok. Not sure if its an option but could you possibly work a few hours in the early morning, say 5-7, hopefully while nippers asleep? Try to get some shops or commercial work so odd hours are more acceptable. Good luck, lots of kind people on here offering help, congrats to them, we need more people like that in the world :thumbsup:

Back