Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro-man setup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SqueegeeDan

Hi all.

Iv just bought my very first (second hand). WFP system and when iv got it home iv realised that all the pipes for the RO system is all disconnected and a bit of a mess. could anyone give me pointers or a diagram.

All I know is that its a RO-MAN its a few years old and that its Serial bar code of 34268.

Many Thanks in advance

I've not tried fitting one of those as use a handheld but I'm sure it's just a case of matching the right probe to the inlet and outlet of the ro.

I find a hand held tds meter is much more flexible as I can check many more things unlike a 2 probe static tds meter. What also put me off getting one I've also heard those inline tds meters are not very accurate which I don't know if it's true or not.

I've a static ro multi ibc tank setup in the garden so have no problem with water getting on the floor when I'm taking various tds reading.

1. tds tap water reading before prefilters - always good to monitor any fluctuations now and then so have a base reading to work other stuff out.

2. tds reading after prefilters - with the base tap water tds reading already taken you can see how effective the prefilters are working.

3. tds reading after membranes - again you can see how effective they are working

4. tds reading of waste water - you will be surprised how high this can get

5. tds reading after the di tanks - good to know if the resin is fooked or not as for me goes straight into holding tanks at 000ppm

6. tds reading of transfer hose into van tank or containers - you will be surprised how 000 ppm pure tds can creap up if water has been left in a transfer hose so I check the tds to make sure it's 000ppm before connecting the hose to fill the van tanks

7. tds reading of water in van tanks, hose reels & wfp jets on the pole - always good to check now and then to see what ppm water is actually being used on the job especially if I've been using hose reels & poles with tap water to clean plastics the swap over to use pure for glass.

I took ur advice and boight a hand held. and im only getting 062ppm from my tap. is it worth using the di system? iv tried it through the di only and its coming through as 000ppm

Back