Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

40ft or 60ft ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

On my business card i put down heights upto 60ft.... but im only going to start out wih a slx25 .... then invest in a 60ft pole.... what would you all do ?

and i dont want to remove heights upto 60ft on my business card it looks better and professional

so what do you all think shouldi invest in 2 poles at once ?

the problem you got is, when some one says can you do my windows they are 50 ft up and you have to buy the pole and then realsie that the poles cost a fortune and unless you got a lot of work at that height then they aint worth it, lots of window cleaners have laods of poles they dont use, but might one day, jst taking up room in a van

if your only starting with a 25 you might find there are a lot of domestics you cant do either, i have a clx 27 & there's a fair bit it only just gets & i'm 6"1

Depends on whether you live in an area with a lot of high rise potential. Get out there, find out what people want and let them be the guide. I've got a 21' reach Ionics and a 30' reach Unger. The 30' gets used perhaps 2/3 times per week max, but then that suits the customers I've got. I'm doing ok with this set up.

Don't waste all that money waiting for a 60ft job. You'd need lots of high work to justify it. Try to find someone local you can befriend & come to some arrangement where if you get a high job, rent their big pole for a day or something.

seem to remember couple of years ago somebody started up hiring equipment out like poles etc might be worth googling for hire of window cleaning equipment you never know whats out there lol

I am going for domestic and commercial... but mainly domestic first then when i grow the business then the commercial work can start rolling in....

shall i just leave the slx25 and get a supermax 40ft pole ? and a clx for small height windows ?

I haven't started the pole yet either. I was thinking of starting with a clx 22? Or 27? Then see how that goes and save up for a slx 35? There is that many poles to choose from

And being new to it can pickle your head lol

Im changing my business card to heights upto 40ft mate.... and am getting 2 poles....

am getting a CLX27/ CLX 22 have to decide yet

and a.....

SMAX40C or SLX35 with 44ft reach.... thats like 600 pound on poles.... but it will surely pay off

the problem is with clx 22 its only 26ft... and it might not reach much places....

i recommend u go for the slx35 mate.... atleast you got your work coverred and dont have to worry about windows being to high /emoticons/sad.png but get a slx35 then save up 117 pound for clx22 would bea great idea for u mate !

So are you goign to get rid of the ladder and try to go jsut wfp?

and how long are they sold out for

6th of may I think it said??

No, the wfp dosent reach every where!! I will still use ladders on tops in a few runs, but will be used for all high, dangerous, over roof, time consuming windows. And I will also be trad cleaning all bottom work!! Maybe use wfp to give frames a clean every 6 months!

Have to see about that one... but ill be cleaning conservatories fascias soffits upvc solar panels garage doors shop signs with my wfp... ll be buying a gooseneck aswell

a load of people out their are now ladderless

Back