Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Went Canvassing On New Expensive Estate.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Masons

Ok, so some new builds near me are in the stages of people moving in.

The priciest house on their was on market at £575,000 and the average I believe is around £350,000

Because of my bad back and having system fitted I missed the period when most had moved in, they've all been in now for around 2 weeks.

Spoke to one guy who said he is being charged the puny sum of £12.50 for his windows.....

All the people on the road have one as I spoke to all but one.

TWELVE POUNDS FIFTY!!!

The occupiers have massive houses and some numbskull is charging pennies...

Total waste of work that. Total waste.

They're jobs I like to call dead jobs, as the people who are cleaning them aren't getting their full potential from it and nobody else can as they can't compete with such stupid prices.

I seriously wonder as to some peoples sanity.

I'm angry about it, actually angry.

i here your pain fella i charge £5 for a standard 2 bed house 7 windows.and people up here think that is pricey had one today shout me how much do you charge i said yours will be a fiver she colsed the door?

some fool had been charging £2.50!!!

people still think there in the 60s and 70s were you clean houses for 3 or 4 quid.

£5-£6 pound is average in leeds from what i get i have a few big ones but most are all in that range people wont pay it.but if a house is going for what you say they must be worth a good whack.

i here your pain fella i charge £5 for a standard 2 bed house 7 windows.and people up here think that is pricey had one today shout me how much do you charge i said yours will be a fiver she colsed the door?

some fool had been charging £2.50!!!

people still think there in the 60s and 70s were you clean houses for 3 or 4 quid.

£5-£6 pound is average in leeds from what i get i have a few big ones but most are all in that range people wont pay it.but if a house is going for what you say they must be worth a good whack.
Ive got that problem too, If I wont the work, I have to drop my prices too. Which I have done but Im now regretting it as soon as I get more work Im thinking about just bumping them up, if they stop, they stop. The only probelm is most or friends, family friends or family.

Im sometimes scared to give a high price ! becasue i may lose a potential customer !

cos a lot of window cleaners in my area clean for peanuts

@M.K my min charge is £5 i wont go any lower than that,what i tend to do is add a £1 on for french doors and £5 for connys.dont go too low mate makes the job not enjoyable;)

@H-you will find most guys around are cheap and do them for cheap,but they wont be around long like most do 2 or 3 cleans then they jack as they aint making a wage,ive found sometimes that postcode pricing seems to work and different post codes have different houses/type of prople what they can and cant afford.

@M.K my min charge is £5 i wont go any lower than that,what i tend to do is add a £1 on for french doors and £5 for connys.dont go too low mate makes the job not enjoyable;)

@H-you will find most guys around are cheap and do them for cheap,but they wont be around long like most do 2 or 3 cleans then they jack as they aint making a wage,ive found sometimes that postcode pricing seems to work and different post codes have different houses/type of prople what they can and cant afford.
To be honest if I could get a min of 4 quid Id be happy. Its only the villiage I live in its like this.

Ok, so some new builds near me are in the stages of people moving in.

The priciest house on their was on market at £575,000 and the average I believe is around £350,000

Because of my bad back and having system fitted I missed the period when most had moved in, they've all been in now for around 2 weeks.

Spoke to one guy who said he is being charged the puny sum of £12.50 for his windows.....

All the people on the road have one as I spoke to all but one.

TWELVE POUNDS FIFTY!!!

The occupiers have massive houses and some numbskull is charging pennies...

Total waste of work that. Total waste.

They're jobs I like to call dead jobs, as the people who are cleaning them aren't getting their full potential from it and nobody else can as they can't compete with such stupid prices.

I seriously wonder as to some peoples sanity.

I'm angry about it, actually angry.
I know ive not seen the houses but what would you have charged per house? £12.50 per house aint too bad surely if your doing the whole estate??

my average house price is far from 12.50.

It's a new street on an expensive estate. The houses are 5bedroom easy with 3 or 4 upstairs front windows. and they're deep too.

I'd charge an easy £18-20.

I never underquote to get work but luckily I'm doing ok at the moment work wise.

I'll find the company that makes them and you can view their homes for sale I'll get one to compare....

12.50 per house is very good !
H I suggest you re read the opening post .

These are £350k + houses ffs £12.50 is **** to be honest .

I'm in the midlands and my average is £10 for a 3bed semi council house and I have no real problem picking these jobs up

Hell I have even given up canvassing to be honest as the work is coming to me now as I'm getting a good reputation .

I puck up a 3 bed semi council house yesterday front only for 8 quid .

But.... i bet the guy who got the whole estate @ £12.50 a pop is laughing..... Good or bad.... he's doing them in on one estate. dont know how many houses are on the estate but if he clears 20 a day he's probably doing well for himeslf?

There are around 10new houses.

Around 4million poundsworth of property.... and he'll be walking away every SIX WEEKS with £12.50 from each.

Yes, I forgot to mention this guy works 6 weekly... *sigh*

I was wrong about price too. the houses start at £490,000.00 and top at £578,995.00

£12.50 is awful.

On that estate you're talking an easy £5million of property.

Latest Posts

Back