Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Went Canvassing On New Expensive Estate.

@M.K really mate?is it low pricing round there for windows?what sort of price are they up that end?
Im my area, the guy thats the cheapest is 3.30, he still has houses at 2.70 (some of them my family) they were recently 3.00. This is for a standard council house. 4 windows front, 4 back. but still way to low. As soon as you leave the viliage it all changes prices go up to about 4.00+6.00 which im okay with cause I can make decent money when the prices are like that

Competition... I don't hear Asda moaning cos tescos do their milk 10p cheaper..

Maybe people expect too much.. How long would it take to clean that £12.50 house??

I have houses that take me 30mins and I get £12-15 and others that take 45 mins and get £30? ( based on doing them on my own )

It's the economy.. You could think its worth £20, customer says no way too much.. Then that just lets the cheaper guy get in and get the work

Aslong as u do a good job customers dont look at the price /emoticons/wink.png
So how come you keep going on about how you up north and can't charge as much H, I'm in the same boat as you as well by the way. Round here they want it done well but they want it cheap too.

Yeah but i cant charge high as 15/20 pound per house like people up south do ! /emoticons/mellow.png Lol i can get away with 10/12 pound per house /emoticons/smile.png

its like anything some people pay cheap and some people pay through the nose, i actually pay to have my windows done cus the guy does it for £3.50 - Id rather give him £3.50 so we can go and clean a £12 job. Our top commercial jobs pay £300 for about 4 hrs work.... but sometimes I work for £6.50 an hr on other jobs cus i just take the hit to get the bigger work.

Its all about being comfy with your overall work.

I have a spread sheet which constantly tells me my weekly/4 weekly/monthly and yearly turnover. As long as the yearly take home is more than what I used to earn busting a gut working for someone else.... i couldnt give a monkeys. Cash is king and i want lots of it so i just look at the bigger picture.

Ive got jobs i literally earn nothing on..... but they lead to bigger things.

I always think, get get too far up your own @ss and just be happy your making a decent living. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I see my mates who work stupid hrs and never get over £12 an hr and they think their millionaires and chuckle to myself.

im up north my average council house is £6/£7 take around 10mins to clean i have some with averge size connys at £12 take anout 15 mins to clean the cheapest houses i do are fronts only 2 windows £4 but i have about 20 in a row and can get them done in a morning, i couldnt earn that anywhere else.

What everyone say's is right and makes sense.... BUT LOOK AT IT... THE HOUSE IS A LOT BIGGER THAN A COUNCIL HOUSE AND WILL EXPECT A BETTER CLEAN WHEN YOU PAY 500,000 FOR A HOUSE A 12.50 CLEAN ISN'T WHAT YOU WANT! (but obviously they do) /emoticons/sad.png

thing is masons he prop cleans them as good as you so why would anyone want to pay higher?

im all for us lot the windy bros but were only window cleaners and anyone can do it its p1ss ball the hardest thing about this job is building a round lol.

iv got to be honest, i would quote that house 15quid, and id make money doing them at that price, 12.50 is underpriced, but not by much. maybe your expecting a bit much? just because somone has a half-million pound house doesnt mean they want to pay out stupid money on having there windows cleaned. 12.50 x 10 is £125, thats an easy day right there!

Back